VA 8 Point

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybez101099

Reaction score
I hunted all last week in that rain from storm IDA. We were seeing deer every day but no real rut activity on our 130 acre property. On Nov 11th the evening hunt was heating up i noticed a few does come by early around 1 or so with small bucks following. So I knew a larger one had to come down the mountain. At 415pm a hot doe came down the ridge with a 6 point right at her backside. Then the 8 point came out of no where and runs the 6 off. Then back and forth the 6 running at the 8 and the the 8 running off the 6. The whole time the doe is feeding on acorns 50yd away. Both bucks went over the ridge from the doe...then here comes the 6 pointer. What was going on? Then the wind swirls.. doe blows and off she runs with the 6. The 8 pointer crested the ridge at 92yds..... Put my Encore Pro Hunter(100g..777.. 250 shockwave) on him. Bang Flop!!! Smoke cleared and he was mine. The Encores awesome and that distance I had no doubts about the shot. I have a pic but can't figure out how to post on here. My digital camera got wet so only pic from phone.[/img]

nice job on the deer congrats!pics still would be nice :lol: and welcome to the site you'll find a lot of good info here i know i have.

NICE, yeah i like them encores, i dont have one yet but i can see myself slowly leaning that way. Welcome to the forum

Latest posts

Back