getting JB weld off?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Guys i broke open my new mold that i made and am uncertain how to get the jb weld off that was holding it together during the build process. I remember this topic coming up and to heat it in the oven but i have forgotten what exactly i need to do. I was hoping to be able to just scrape the film off but thats not going to happen.

Any idea?
Mold017.jpg

frontier gander said:
Guys i broke open my new mold that i made and am uncertain how to get the jb weld off that was holding it together during the build process. I remember this topic coming up and to heat it in the oven but i have forgotten what exactly i need to do. I was hoping to be able to just scrape the film off but thats not going to happen.

Any idea?
Mold017.jpg

I read some where that acetone will remove the J-B weld . I bet if you put the molds face down in a 1/4 of acetone it will break it down . ??? Never tried it though .

make sure you use a glass or steel dish and NOT plastic .LOL :wink:

A bit of luck perhaps. Actually I do not think you would harm anything by freezing the mould and then letting it thaw. The different rates of expansion/contraction might make a crack to let acetone/solvent get in or behind to break it down.
I have not tried this but I do not think it would do any harm if it does not work.

Latest posts

Back