Difference in Wolverine and wolverine 209?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratsnakeboogy

Reaction score
What is the difference besides the priming system? Would the breech plug from an original LK-93(wolverine) and the newer Wolverine 209 be interchangeable? If I had to go to a state that requires #11 caps could I just screw in a breech plug from an original wolverine?

Thanks,

Don

I have an MK-85 (#11 and musket cap) and a Wolverine 209 (209 primer in red FPJ) and the breech plugs AND striker systems are interchangeable. Keep in mind that the strikers/plunger/hammers are different between the two ignition systems. The #11 and musket cap striker has a flat base where it comes in contact with the primer cap. The 209 striker has a pointed base where it comes in contact with the 209 primer.

Knight Rifles web site lists the MK-85 and LK-93 as using the same breech plug.

http://www.knightrifles.com/productdeta ... ?id=326327

Do you have one and not the other, or do you have both rifles?

interesting about the difference in the striker- mine came set up for 209, i switched breach plugs to go with musket caps, but did not change the striker. the "pointed" striker seems to work fine with the musket caps- is there any problem with using it like this???
great rifle in any case!

Aaron, my concern would be, is the pointed striker deforming the musket nipple or pushing material in to the nipple? If not, and it works, I won't suggest changing anything.

For those with experience with the Knight Bighorn, what did they do to allow it to use #11, musket and 209 primer?

i have not seen evidence of it deforming the nipple, nor does it seem to push anything into the hole.... but i do seem to get a fair bit of blow back...

Latest posts

Back