triumph 100-200yd range report update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdadjk

Reaction score
Went out to the range again with revpilot wed. The temp was around 40f
I shot all shots again with Bh209 90G by volume. cci primers
250g SW with supplied sabots and harvester short black
250 SST same
240 XTP same
anyhow i shot my best group ever at 200 yards with the hornady SSt with the supplied sabots. here is the range pictures from 100 then the 200 targets. We did have some wind gusting at times also, then it picked up to where it wasn't worth even trying anymore.

100td250SWSBH1.jpg

100yd250sw.jpg

100yd240gxtpHSB.jpg

200yd240xtpSBH.jpg

200yd250SW.jpg

200yd250SWHSB.jpg

200yd250SWsuppliedsaot.jpg

200yds250sst.jpg

bigdadjk

I worked on your post a bit to get all your images to come - think I got it... hope that was OK...

Still get one that says the pic was moved...

Dang, now I have to buy a triumph! I hope they go on sale at Walmart after the season is over...

Great report.
I went today and shot my CVA and Encore with 90grains BH 209 and a 200grain SW with supplied blue sabot and a w 209 primer.
Easy on the shoulder and plenty enought punch for our whitetail population,I will hunt with that a while. also be using a PB 270 AT plat
Not as goo of groups with the PB but acceptable

I wasn't worried about the kick . I just went through all different powders and the 90g was the best. when i started i was using 120g and it did well as far as a group but the 90 gr did the best.

What kind of scope are you running on that Triumph? That is some very good shooting.

I think the deer are SAFE.........guess you've never hunted with him.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

I have the nikon omega scope on my triumph. I love the bdc and it is my first scope with that on it.
As for the bullet drop from 100yd to 200yd i will have to let you know next time at the range. I will shoot my 100 yd line out to 200yd and measure it for you and give you a true reading of bullet drop.

Revpilot, don't be jealous that the Triumph out performed the endeavor. It will be ok i will take it easy on you next time we go to the range. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Okay, sounds good, but if you keep double loading that thing, there will not be to many range sessions left with that triumph ........... :shock: :shock: :shock:

i was just testing the quality of the triumph, and once again it is very very well made. You have to put the products to the test. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i tested the drop at 200 yrds with my triumph today.
90gr bh209
250 sst supplied sabot
cci primer
the bullet dropped 10 inches at 200yrds
i have it zeroed in at 100yrds

BH 209

Tell me again why I am using 110 grains BH209 after I read this posting? What am I gaining w/ the xtra 20 grains?

i just did trial and error. when i was using 120 grains i used the second circle at 200 yards. now with the 90 grains it is right on at 200 with the third circle. cross hairs dead on at 100yrds. the drop from 100 to 200yrds i measured and it was 10inches. i don't know what all the books say, but i just go to the range and get the real results so i know for real.

i tried all different charges from 90 100 110 and 120. 90 had the best group for me. i sited my gun in originally with 120 gr bh209 but after bthe test at the range, i will be using 90g. plus i get more shots out of a can :D :D

Latest posts

Back