Traditions Buckstalker at the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rondal

Reaction score
I bought my grandson ( he is an adult ) this low cost muzzleloader and was suprised at how well it shot. Using a load of 110 Grs of BH 209, a 250 gr Shockwave and Win 209 primer, he shot 1 1/4 inch groups at 100 yds.
I also shot my Omega with the same components except I used 120 grs of BH 209. He shot over 20 times with no cleaning and perfect ignition.
When we cleaned the guns his breach plug had NO buildup under the primer, but my Omega, with less than half the shots, had crud that had to be taken out with a drill bit.
The Traditions breech plug is longer then my Omega's and has a smaller hole than the 1/8 inch one on the Omega. I don't know if it was the longer plug, smaller hole or the combination of the two, but there was nothing to clean on his plug but the residue on the concave end.

can you tell if the flash hole ( the smallest hole ) down the middle of the Traditions plug is bigger ?? If so that may be the reason the Traditions plug had less carbon build up . If not then who knows !! This carbon build up thing is crazy . some using Encores have none and i have tons and we are using the same primers and powder and breech plugs . ?????? :roll: :roll: The carbon is so bad in my breech plugs that it would be easier to swab between shots and use smaller primers and 777 powder . So I just bought some 777 and will be using my .25 acp plug from now on , '' AS LONG AS I CAN GET'' small rifle primers . :roll:

Latest posts

Back