New MKIII

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
I decide i could not live with out a Ruger MKIII so i bought another one a few months ago . I had a MKIII hunter all tricked out , Fast Fire red dot , V-Comp and rubber grips , but i sold it . The gun i just bought is a MKIII slab side . I also added a V-com , rubber grips , but put a 1 x scope on this one . this photo does not show it with the V-comp .

gunrest.jpg

That is a beautiful pistol you have there. I bet that is a great shooter. Would I be able to mount a scope on my pistol?

ruger013.jpg

Today I was shooting my Ruger Mark II target pistol. I learned some real important things today. The brand of shells makes all the difference in the world. I had purchased one of them steel targets that flip up and then you set it by shooting a top gong. And you have to be 25 yards away.

I started out with Remington Thunderbolt cartridges. One would go pop and one would go boom and a number of them would not even go off. So I switched over to some Remington Golden Eye cartridges and they were much better. Much more consistent. Once I learned the sight picture I spend the afternoon blasting off about a half of a brick of shells.

I like the idea of a 1x scope on the pistol. Thanks for the links.

cayuga said:
I like the idea of a 1x scope on the pistol. Thanks for the links.

The red dot i had on my other MKIII was great for fast close shooting But at long ranges the dot covered small rabbit and other small game . I put the scope on this one for ground squirrels/pot guts we have around here .

here is a scope mount that would replace you rear sight in the dove tail and it looks the best .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ruger-MKI-MKII-22-4 ... 563cc9cd5d

this one also goes into the dove tail but also clamp to the receiver and is stronger but will make the scope sit very very high .

http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.m ... y_Code=VC2

49MKIIi.jpg

mkiiiscopemount.jpg

This one looks like it mounts to your rear sight and clamps on the front , not sure the brand though .

rugerscope.jpg

I will talk to my friend the gunsmith. He can order the right mount, put it on, mount a Nikon 1x20mm scope on it and bore sight it. That should make it just about what I want.

Latest posts

Back