Off Topic; A Quiz

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildhobbybobby

Other than if you wanted to shoot down a bunch... maybe the guy should switch the scope bases...

LMAO... I think it's set up for those 250-300 yd shots. BANG... Sit down, pour a cup of coffee, eat a sandwich.... SMACK!!!!

The guy claims to have killed some deer with this gun. I would say , not with that scope set-up ! !

Banerbird said:
LMAO... I think it's set up for those 250-300 yd shots. BANG... Sit down, pour a cup of coffee, eat a sandwich.... SMACK!!!!

I love this answer! x2 !!!

Banerbird said:

Just what I was thinking, it is set up for looong range shooting...

sabotloader said:
wildhobbybobby

Other than if you wanted to shoot down a bunch... maybe the guy should switch the scope bases...

What scope base those rings are right on the rear sight and the frame

It's a Ruger Super Redhawk and has integral scope mount bases that the rings directly attach to. I have one in .44 magnum and it is a great revolver.

wildhobbybobby said:

I think he has Redhawk (or other) rings on the Super, the Super uses two different height rings for obvious reasons (stepped frame), the Redhawk has a solid ribbed barrel and the ring cut-outs are on the same plane.

If you tried to shoot that thing the way it is set up, not only would the scope slide forward in the rings from recoil, you would shoot right over the backstop/berm, IF you could see past the front sight and barrel. He sure didn't shoot 3 deer with that setup. :roll:

Ask him if it is bore sighted? :lol:

He's probably selling it because he can't make it shoot :wink:

RAF

When I first glanced at the picture - I thought he had two different heights of rings - just had them installed bacasswards.

It looks like the rear ring is taller from the base screw to the scope mount screw.

Even the front ring if you look at the ring cap is askew to help make up for the angle of the scope....

He's probably selling it because he can't make it shoot

Wouldn't that be funny?

Latest posts

Back