T/C White Mountain Carbine Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Wellman

Reaction score
Fellow Shooters, Let me say this is the first of many days I will spend on this site, great information. I have been hunting with in-lines for years, I have one of the orginal mk 85's and got a 4 point yesterday at 167 yards, love that gun. Also hava a new Omega with the BDC nikon scope but still reach for the mk85. I need to get the T/C White Mountain Carbine 50 cal out of the vault for the wife to hunt next week. This fits her very well but hasn't been shot for 15 years and that was with round balls. My question is: I think the twist is 1/20, placed a cleaning jag down it yesterday and the rod didn't complete a full turn when pulled up. What do you recommend for a sabot and powder load? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks.

i have a 1/20" white mtn. that shoots great with 70g vol. t7 3f .40 cal.200g harvester bullets and 50/40 harvester crushrib sabots.they load super easy but very accurate and mild on the shoulder.i would'nt have a problem using it for a deer load....karl

WMC

Took mine out today to the range. I was shooting 70gr 3f Swiss. first off wwere 320gr real bullets,2" at 50meters. Then 320 TC Maxiballs, 2" at 50m. Then 385 Hornady Great Plains, 1" at 50m. Shot 2 GPs at 100m, 8" low 1.5" apart 3" rt. Shooting N to S w/ a fair sw breeze. When I sited in my daughter WMC a couple yrs ago, I shot 70gr 2f goex and 275gr maxihunter w/a felt wad. She got her first deer w/it, bout 70-80yds, right behind the shoulder!! Thats all I know about the Wmc. There is a guy on a mule deer site that shoots 90gr powder and a 460gr paper patched bullet w/a WMC .50cal.!! I imagine it kicks a little!!!

Back