Keepin my powder dry

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
I missed out on a couple deer w/ the fssssst! sound from my primer powder. Damp day, not raining just damp and It got so I was changing the pan primer (goex 3f) every half hour. Now my buddy has 4f and never had a problem. I have shot my flinter maybe 30 times on the flint i got with it. How do you seal that pan, or do I adjust my flint some? I mean I had fun don't get me wrong but was getting somewhat frustrated when I had to keep priming and squeezing the trigger, then cha-boom and I know I flinched when it finally did go........... PS I really like flinter shooting, just have some kinks to work out.

I use 4f in the pan and use a tanned piece of Deer Hide to wrap around the lock. It has a lanyard tide to it in case it would fall off. Cheep flints wont help you either.

3f or 4f.. if it is damp you run into problems. Next time try taking a birthday cake candle and with the frizzen closed, start to scrape the edge where it meets with the pan all the way around it. You have now sealed it.

Normally if you have to fire a couple times, I will guess that your flint needs to be knapped or changed.

Latest posts

Back