New TC's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Impact is an interesting rifle... I want to see one on the shelf and handle it.

I also see in the catalog the Bone Collector is offered in all black this year in addition to camo and grey.

I am curious to see the opening mech. on that Impact...it looks like a tip up. Look like a lever along the side.

T/C IMPACT looks like a cheap version of the TRIUMPH ..the breech plug is screwed in [not quick released] i am sure it will cost less than the TRIUMPH other wise it will collect dust ...[dustcollector]

Impact

It is a break open rifle with a 26" barrel. Stock has a 1" removable piece for short arm shooters or youth. Selling for $249 at Cabelas. Looks like a competition gun against the Wolf. Gonna look at it as soon as one hits the shelves around here.

Re: Impact

rogo said:
It is a break open rifle with a 26" barrel. Stock has a 1" removable piece for short arm shooters or youth. Selling for $249 at Cabelas. Looks like a competition gun against the Wolf. Gonna look at it as soon as one hits the shelves around here.

I was going to say Optima but you're right. The wolf/impact only come with blued barrels. Wolf has an edge though. QR BP

I need to buy one for my nephew, he wants to start hunting so he can train his shooting skills before he joins the Marines. 14yo already knows what he wants to do for a living :lol:

I'm not impressed as the ML's go. I think CVA Apex is going to give TC a run for their money. Hopefully Cabella's will have them in stock soon as I really would like to see it.

black powder said:
T/C IMPACT looks like a cheap version of the TRIUMPH ..the breech plug is screwed in [not quick released] i am sure it will cost less than the TRIUMPH other wise it will collect dust ...[dustcollector]

According to this guy, it has a quick release breech plug. Must be an internal one like the Pro Hunter. As far as breaking it open, you just pull straight back on the lever on the receiver. Don't know how well that is going to work with a scope mounted though?

Watch it here, from the SHOT Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8NMyFa14U

black powder said:
Busta said:
black powder said:

According to this guy, it has a quick release breech plug. Must be an internal one like the Pro Hunter. As far as breaking it open, you just pull straight back on the lever on the receiver. Don't know how well that is going to work with a scope mounted though?

Watch it here, from the SHOT Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8NMyFa14U

i watched the video and they did not show the REMOVAL of the breech plug ..

Busta i see threads on the breech plug ..don't see how you can quick release

As I understood what was written they use a triple thread, still needs a wrench though.
What I wonder about is the locking mechanism, It does look like a cheap Triumph but will that locking mechanism do as well. If it does you will most likely see it on a lot of guns before to long.
Also who ever gets the first one be sure to post what the trigger is like.
Lee

I wonder about the same thing when it comes to the CVA Apex and the new V2 Accura... how do they call their plug a 'Quick Release' it appears to me that you still have to un-screw the total length of the plug - Agreed it is 'Tooless' but I do not get the QR part...

Never mind just found some information...

Accelerator Quick Breech Plug
You can leave the tools in the truck. The Accelerator Breech Plug removes easily by hand in just 3 full turns. To clean your muzzleloader or remove a load from the barrel, simply twist the breech plug 3 full rotations, and it?s out! The Accelerator makes use of a new flat face for even more consistent ignition, and a heavy-duty O-ring that eliminates blow back.

Just to use to the 1/4 turn 'Speed Breech'

Impact

Too bad that guy at the shot show does not really know the Impact. It does not have a quick release breech plug. Unscrews just like the Omega.
With a wrench.

I went to T/C we site and you are right ROGO, it's a regular breechplug that has to be remove with a tool.
Taureau noir

black powder said:
Busta i see threads on the breech plug ..don't see how you can quick release

Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I was just going by what he said in the video. You would THINK that T/C would have been smart enough to have somebody that knows what he is talking about? GUESS NOT! :roll:

I figured that since it was internal, it would have to be like the Pro Hunter and require a wrench. Did I not hear him say "Quick Removable Breech Plug" in the video?

yes i also heard that when he said QUICK RELEASE PLUG well lets wait and see ..

like you i also like to get the facts straight :lol:

Looks a lot like an Omega plug to me. Of course what powder you use makes a difference to.

Back