White .504 Ultra Mag and Triple Seven 2f

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
I have noticed that my Bison really liked Triple Seven 2f instead of the 3f. Since I had to get my White .504 Ultra Mag ready for season, I decided to see how it liked the 2f Triple Seven.

The rifle target according to my range finder was at 30, 32, & 31 yards. So I call it 30 yards which will be fine for what I want to do with it. The rifle had a 2-7x32mm Nikon Pro Staff scope and quick release rings made by Warne. I was shooting some .5045 Bull Shop 460 grain conicals.

I got on the bench and looked at the powder measure. It was set a 90 grains of powder. I figured, what the heck. So I loaded the White and aimed at a upper right corner bulls eye. At 30 yards I expect great accuracy so anything less in disturbing.

504white004JPG.jpg

I can assure you, this is a power house of a load. Of course being 70 degrees today and having a T shirt on, I got the full brunt of the recoil. Not uncomfortable, but it let you know you fired it.

Actually the very first shot off a clean barrel was the 9 o'clock hit. After that it just started to stack them. I then swabbed the barrel clean, and I do mean clean. I moved the measure down just at or under 85 grains..

504white002JPG-1.jpg

The first shot was a little high, and then it started to put them into where I wanted them again. I never swab the White when shooting. Only when I change powder charges or distances. So I swabbed it clean again using Rusty Duck Black Off solvent, and decided to try 70 grains of powder which the rifle normally likes a lot.

504white005jpg.jpg

Now granted, this is 30 yards, but I have to say (I only shot three times because I chickened out) for a three shot group, I can sure handle that. I should say, I know I fired three times at that target. But again, that was really good. So good in fact that I made a slight scope adjustment to move the POI over a little. I then swabbed the rifle clean and loaded only 60 grains of powder this time.

504white001JPG-1.jpg

60 grains was not as good as 70 for accuracy, but still not bad and according to many of the DWB's more then enough power for deer. It was also a real pleasure to shoot. No recoil to speak of. But I had an itch. With the scope adjusted, I swabbed the barrel clean, and let it cool down, and me too.

I decided to shoot a five shot group with 70 grains at the center of the target. I was really going to concentrate on every thing about shooting.

504white003JPG-1.jpg

It was not one hole, but for a five shot group, I will take it. Again, this is only 30 yards with a scoped rifle. And most of all a White Rifle. While I was hot today, I want to move this load back to 75 yards. I am not sure of the drop, and will probably never have to shoot that far, but for my own satisfaction, I hope I can shoot something out to there if the need should arise.

504white006JPG.jpg

Nice shooting. I would really like to see what that 70 gr load does at 75 yards.

I never met a White that didn't shoot like that. I have two and and you don't have enough money to buy them. I have the M-97 and a Thunderbolt that I actually won off of White's forum site when it was going. Both are .451 and both love to push a 460gr. bullet with 70gr of 777.

Same here with the Super 91 in .451, but I moved up to 480 grain bullshop bullet and went with 75 gr. T73Fg, this year, same results. 8)

jsteurrys said:
Nice shooting. I would really like to see what that 70 gr load does at 75 yards.

75 yards with 5, 6, or 7 shots (can't remember) using 70gr. of Swiss 3F and 496gr. Trashcan with Super91 in .504

Bobsgun.jpg

Latest posts

Back