What is the diameter of a TC Maxi Ball?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workhorse

Reaction score
I am about to place my order at Bullshops but I don't have a measurement of my bore. I know that maxi balls are a bit tight, and I believe those are .504, which would lead me to think a .503 conical would be perfect. Am I correct on MAxi's diameter?

Slug your bore. Let us know what ya got. 8)

Also,,,what rifle are you shooting?? Rate of twist on the barrell??

I would like to place the order this weekend and I don't own a micrometer. I have a knight disc extreme 1 in 28" twist

accodring to my midway USA book the .50 caliber maxi ball made by Lyman is .504 in diameter. So the .503 would be good. What kind of rifle are you going to be shooting them out of?

Thanks Cayuga! I placed my order today, although I ended up going with Dave at No excuses rather than Bull Shop. While Dave is a bit more expensive, his style of customer service fits my needs better. Thanks again.

I am shooting a knight disc extreme and I did get the 460 grain. Dave says that his 490 are a little too long to be legal in Colorado. I'm looking forward to seeing how they pattern.

Latest posts

Back