Nikon Omega!?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bojangles

Reaction score
Is there a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 with NIKOPLEX reticle?(not BDC)
I can only find 1.65-5x33.If so where can I find one(other than opticsplanet)

they have them on sale there for $139 but have been out of stock for over 2 months.

I think I might try a redfield 2-7x32.Ive had bad luck with nikons in the past and these are made in America I think??

bojangles said:
I think I might try a redfield 2-7x32.Ive had bad luck with nikons in the past and these are made in America I think??

From what I have heard the Redfield is owned by Leupold and is made (assembled) in one of their plants. Is is their entry level scope similar to the VX 1

DC

Just curious as to why you would not want the BDC on an Omega. The price on a plain Omega seems to be almost the same as the one with the BDC. Also curious about the problems you have had with Nikon scopes. My Omega with the BDC has worked perfectly so far but I always like to know if there are any problems that I should look for.

I had a Nikon 3-9x40 that was a dud.The reticle turned to the right inside the scope about a quarter of a inch after 20 shots...I did not want a bdc because their for magnum loads arent they?I use 100 grains of powder and a 250 grain bullet so I assumed it wouldnt match the bdc reticle very accurately.

Did you send it back to Nikon to have it repaired for free? I have two Nikon Omega BDC's on my Encores and they work as advertised for me.

Yes I sent it back and it took 4 weeks to get back to me :shock:
So when it came back I sold it

Check out ebay.There is always several on there.I got mine about a year ago for less than half of third generation price.The same seller has multiple omegas listed all the time.Mines been great so far.

Check out the leupold ultimate slam has SABR same as the BDC but it has setting for 100 gr. loads

Back