Keeping Track Of Your Ventures .....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Keeping Track Of Your Ventures .....

Here's a good way to be able and look back at your ventures whether modern or traditional muzzle loading. At first you'll forget to record those outings but in time you'll start thinking about past travels, hunting outings, camps stayed in and wish you would have written those events down. The years slip by and we forget some of those events then remember part of what happened but lost some important things that you wish you would have recorded. Give this some serious thought, it's not hard to have a small notebook with you to record those event.

traveling.gif
This is just one example of some of my thoughts.
Just for the hunting camps and who or what was gotten makes the effort worth while. Lots of items can be recorded in that little notebook. Who was with you, funny things that happened, type of camp setup, weather conditions and so on are good starters and fun to look back on. Who got the most game, largest animal and so on are always good memories.

Give it some thought .....

Last edited:
That`s good stuff Buck! For years I have always written about my turkey hunts and other outings. Brings me back in remembrance of the outings. My friends have read some of them and always commented that they enjoyed them. Funny thing I was on a bear hunt up in Maine years ago, I documented my everyday activities. One day at lunch my young guide said who are you really and what outdoor magazine do you work for? Everyone thinks your an outdoor writer because your always taking notes. I told him i`m doing this so I can reflect back on the good time spent here. I don`t know if he bought that explanation but it was the truth. I did get rewarded with a nice black bear and left camp a happy man.
I always enjoy your writing Buck. Thank you

Thank you Jim Jac,

I'm like you, I look back at some of our outings and in some cases wonder "what were we thinking when we did this or that". Some trips or hunts didn't go as planned, so be it. We did that venture and got through it in one piece and home safely. I'm sure the rest of you folks have had similar experiences with your camps. That's the best part of keeping your notes as a reminder of the good times and the bad ones and hopefully we learned something with those that didn't work out like planned.

Latest posts

Back