Just...wow.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegadehunter

Reaction score
Pretty crazy for our area.
Cabin owner apparently isn't the coldest beer in the fridge. Shooting someone fleeing from you in this day and age isn't a good idea...and most certainly it isn't a good idea to tell police that's how it went down.
This area is my stomping ground and as the crow flies very near where my property is located.
https://www.bigcountrynewsconnectio...cle_ca18db04-d73d-11ea-a4ff-d3dfa1160927.html

It's never a reasonable or good idea to shoot at an obviously fleeing subject who presents no imminent danger to oneself or another person. However, Back in Georgia there was a country store near us that especially catered to hunters along with their normal traffic. A couple of teen punks from Athens decided their next robbery would be this "mom & pop" store in the boonies of our rural county. They came in armed and the owner shot & killed both of them. In this case the "subjects" should have gotten an honest job or at least tried a less dangerous line of work. The "mom & pop" owners were lauded as heroes, which they were. But that's Georgia.

I think if the shooting incident had taken place inside the owner's cabin it would be a different story here as well. Or even if the owner hadn't admitted to shooting at the suspect as he was running away from him. As you said, it makes it a whole different scenario when you shoot someone running away that is now obviously no immediate threat. I don't think the suspect was armed with any kind of weapon.

Yeah this is way different than the defense of store from armed robbers. This guy is screwed if that's how it went down. Not smart. Hope and pray I'll never be in a situation where I'd have to shoot someone.

eh heat of the moment utterance, Well I practice one line I was in fear for my life. after that Evoke rights to Attorney, however it is good in "Practice" heat of the moment no clue as to what I would say. I do know being a gun owner I know I do not want them stolen and used for illegal activities. so shooting on the run well I hope his back was to me is not my vocabulary.

If they would just de-list fugitives
like they did wolves, and issue some tags.

Back