new to in-lines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo882

Reaction score
just bought my first in-line, (a traditions pursuit lt), in 50 cal. planing on shooting REAL bp, (GOEX Cartridge). where should i start on the loads? been shooting side locks for 30 years, but the eyes just aint what they were.

Hey there Jimbo, welcome.

I've never used or seen GOEX cartridge powder. How does it compare in granulation to FFg and FFFg?

As and experienced sidelock shooter you should have no problem working up a load for your Pursuit. The Pursuit's 1:28" twist is faster than what you're used to with sidelocks, giving you a lot of options with saboted bullets.

A lot depends on what you're targeting as a maximum hunting range. If you're talking 150 yards or less, you can't hardly go wrong with any of the popular bullets (Hornady XTPs, Speer Gold Dots, Barnes) in weights from 240 to 300 grains. Powder charge pretty much depends on your recoil tolerance and what your gun likes. I've been shooting 300 grain XTPs and Gold Dots in my two in-lines, using Harvester H5045SB sabots and 95 grains of GOEX FFFg with real good results.

the GOEX cartrage powder is just about the same grind as 3 F but cleaner. it doesnt have as much of the fines dust in it.
I was thinking of starting about 60 gr and working up. I know my side locks both like 85-90 with a home grown maxi out to about 150. I think i'll be good at that with the in-line. plan on using the 250 speer hp with the crush rib from harvester

Latest posts

Back