Peddels blowing off

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to get a picture but the flash kept glaring off the barrel.i dont think i want to shoot any more than two 777 pellets.probably go to loose powder so i can back it down a bit.where i live your lucky to get a shot further than 100yrds.i do seem to be haveing good luck with the T.C. CHEAPSHOTS.the peddels dont blow off and there grouping good.just alot of recoil with two 777 pellets.about the same as my 30.06 with 170gr bullets.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

masterlink

If you feel the gun is still in good shape shooting 2 pellets or even a 100 grains of loose T7 should not be a problem.

Back in those days i was shooting the .452/300 grain XTP's in a HPH-24 sabot. It was a great combination for that gun.

Cheapshots - work fine lots of people have used them.

I bought it new in the box old stock.right after deer season last year for i think 60 or 65 bucks.its only had about 50 shots through it so far.i started with pyro pellets.and just recently switched to 777 pellets.did not know ther would be any difference in recoil.i was wrong.nothing i cant live with.my rifle is a 7mm mag.or my .06. most of the time around these parts a .243 with a 100gr balistic tip works just fine.but most folks just use there Muzzle loader's.

Cajun said:
I'm by no means any type of expert on anything much less muzzleloading but I'll offer some advise anyway. Don't worry about peddles, worry about accuracy of the bullet you are shooting. The peddles won't put meat in the freezer. It sounds like you need to keep working on your load if your going to use loose powder. I have an Omega and hunt in a state that only allows conicals during ML season. It took me almost a year to find a load that is accurate. Don't get discouraged and try different powder measures and bullets.

Cajun,i would be interested in knowing what your conical load is. I never found a really accurate load for my Omega. Sabots are another story,most every one I can stuff down the barrel shoots well.

Charlie

Back