200 grain ftx bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrimpy50

Reaction score
i know i am not original in idea but has anyone tried this with a sabot in there .50 cal. it is a .452 diameter bullet. could it be put thru my ml . any info would be appreciated

shrimpy50 said:
i know i am not original in idea but has anyone tried this with a sabot in there .50 cal. it is a .452 diameter bullet. could it be put thru my ml . any info would be appreciated

Those are made for the 460 Ruger which has a fairly high velocity. IMO a bit light for large deer but they held together for me better than expected on test media. I have not tried them on game yet but they should smoke yotes. :D

They hold together better than the 225gr FTX for 45 Colt.

I buy the 225gr 45cal FTX just for target/fun shooting since they sell by the 100 pack and the 200s sell by the 50 pack for close to the same price.

I prefer them with the MMP short black sabot but your gun may not.

Shrimpy, What .50 cal are you shooting? I just purchased a .50 cal Knight Vision that shoots .430" 265 FTX's and Harvester green ribbed sabots in the same hole at 100 yds. It will do it with 3 White Hot pellets or 120 gr BH209. A 200 gr bullet in .45cal would lose velocity rather quickly. If you have to shoot a 200 gr bullet you may want to try a .50 x.40 Harvester. or a .50x.40 200 gr Shockwave.

my gun

i shoot a TC Pro Hunter. i was just looking for stuff to play with and maybe find a load for deer hunting. currently i use a 250 grain sst, just thought about experimenting

Latest posts

Back