Just got my new "Garrett Wade catalog ....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Just got my new "Garrett Wade catalog ....

Just got my new "Garrett Wade catalog, they are offering some interesting items for this section 'Gun Builders Bench'.  

If interested in getting one of their catalogs they are available at: GarrettWade.com.

img4.jpg
img3.jpg
I'm getting to hate these sources at my age, everything I see - I NEED .....​

Re: Just got my new "Garrett Wade catalog ....

I couldn't help myself, just ordered a few things: Steel Twist Screw Starters, Leather Finger Guards (a must have if your over or close to 70), and the Power Digital Microscope.  That purchase should make the Mrs. happy, always have the excuse it's my Xmas presents. Sounds good, but she knows better.  :)

Don't ya just hate it when you get a catalog that shows all the things you need but don't have.  LOL :santa: :oops: :twisted:

Every damn time one comes. Thank goodness some of the old stand bye stores have dropped their catalogs or limited the numbers sent out to only a couple times a year.  :ttups:

Wards, Sears and Pennies were good reading material when still on the farm. Had them in every outhouse in our area (Sears were the last ones used - to slippery for wiping) ...   :p   :)   :lol:

They have a real nice shovel on clearance. I just broke mine. This one is nicer. And, cheap. ( : 
Thanks for the post. (Most of their stuff is a bit rich for me.)

Kentucky Colonel said:
They have a real nice shovel on clearance. I just broke mine. This one is nicer. And, cheap. ( : 
Damn it, just ordered one today.  :)

Buck Conner said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Damn it, just ordered one today.  :)

Hope your's comes in better than mine. Pretty. Handle was loose. Not usable for work without work. 

Called customer service. They are sending me another one. I have to truck this one back to USPS or UPS. A free return shipping label was in the box. 

Believe it or not this is my first-time-ever having to return an on-line purchase.  It seemed reasonable service to me. I spoke to a human with little delay and she was helpful. 

I hope they send me a good shovel. I got no use for display only tools.

I had a small brass "Marching Compass," a "Kindling Axe," and a "Beechwood Mallet" with this order. I bought only 'On-Sale and/or Clearance.' 

The compass was a $5 impulse buy they offered at check out. Don't bother with these. It is a very confused and misguided compass with no sense of direction. (The box they sent it in was nicer than the compass!)

The axe will serve- for kindling only. The handle makes it like a 'pretend' camper's axe for dressing up a faux cabin for some tourist. 

I like the mallet. At a 3 1/2 inch head, it is a little light for a lot of things. But, what it's right for it should be perfect for. 

I have a second order with a hand plane ("Ebony Edge Rounding Plane") on the way, too. Now, I am curious about its quality. We'll see.

All of these were pretty to look at; like a set for a woodsy cabin. Guess that will teach me to order clearance with my first order with a company I have not done business with before. :lol:

Hope I have a better experience with my shovel, it's in town just need to go get it tomorrow.

Replacement shovel arrived. It was broken, too. :confused:

Called them again. Asked for a refund this time. Have to haul this back to the post office. Hope I get my money.

Still no planer. That package has not arrived. They say it is at the post office. :suspect:

At this point, I must rescind my recommendation. :cry:

Nice catalog but items and service seem questionable, good luck. Still waiting for my order, fingers crossed.  Sounds like "piss poor" shipping department.

Buyers Be Aware .......

Back