TKed again...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
PICT0129.jpg

I have turkey hunted for close to 18 years... in that time i have had a lot of luck, unfortunately most of it has been bad, but hey if you have turkey hunted any length of time you know that's just how it is. This year so far my TK 2000 has been my good luck charm.

Killed this bird at 7:00 this morning... I knew pretty close to were he was roosted and sure enough I set up about 100 yards from his tree. Used the same load as last time and shot him at 7 yards. 19lbs, 10" beard, and 1" hooks.

He looks great, Flint Head!!!

I bet it feels great to get one with a ML!!

BTW he looks like you shot him at 7 yards! :lol:

You da Man!!

Dig your cap... :mrgreen: 8)

Thanks guys! It was kinda funny Spit, when I watched him yesterday before the season came in he had about eight hens with him so I set up today without any decoys toward the direction they walked... well when this bird flew down he didn't have the hens with him,,, so I gave him a couple of soft yelps and he started in my direction, but when he got parallel with me he was still about 40 yards out. All of the sudden he turns and starts dead toward me slowly at first,,, then he starts a slow trot, then he starts a fast trot, and I go holy sh*t he's going to run me over... I'm not sure if it was lust or hate in his eyes but I didn't want to be part of the equation. So at seven steps I slid the old TK under a limb that was blocking the pattern from his head and gave him a healthy dose of #6's.

Nice bird. It's nice when the animal runs into your gun for you. I took a pheasant that way once in Iowa that was almost more of an act of self-defense than anything.

Back