TKed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
PICT0119.jpg

19lbs, 10 1/2" beard, and 3/4" spurs... killed this bird today in the low country of SC. The old TK put the stang on em'... :)

That is a great looking bird. Congratulations. The colors are very different to at home.

Way to go flinthead... what was the load you used in your TK (as I have one) and how far was that beautiful bird... congratulations on your bird.

Dave, it was 100 grains of 2f 777, 3" turkey ranger wad with 2oz of nickle plated #6 and a cardboard overshot card. I rolled him at about 18 yards... :wink:

AWESOME! I just spent 3 days turkey hunting....of course a record breaking cold-front comes thru... :( Didn't get a big one in close enough but it was great to be out hunting nevertheless! 8)

Congrats on your bird! 8)

The season comes in tomorrow in my home county and I have a big bird spotted,,, problem is he is roosted with about 7 or 8 hens. This morning they flew down, got together and fed right by a sharp point of trees on the edge of a hay field... guess who will be sitting in that clump of trees in the morning :twisted: but if you have turkey hunted very much you know how those turkey plans go. Weather man says it will be pouring rain in the morning, but I learned a long time ago you can't kill'em if your under the covers.

Where I turkey hunt it is mostly open fields.. All but about four acres of white pine that jut out into the field. So I always set up at the bottom of this little hill on the edge of the field in the corner where them pines come out. Them turkey like to roost up on that hill in the pines. So I get out early, set my decoys at 30 yards from me, and kind of melt into the under growth and feed the bugs... When then come, they come from behind, so I have a big tree that I put my back to. One year I had a hen walk right next to me, I mean I could have grabbed her and choked her she was so close. When she stopped and looked at me, I though I was going to die. But she wandered out to the decoys and pretty soon the old man showed up and I flattened him.

I talked to the farmer already, and he said it was a bad year on the birds because of the deep snow, but he thinks there are still a few of them around. So the end of April is not that far away.

I get a kick out of your picture.. your in a T shirt and its snowing like the devil here.... We are going to catch that blizzard they claim.. the one that hit the Red River Valley in North Dakota and Minnesota when it gets here. So no shooting today...

It's a trade off Dave... two summers ago it was over a 100 for like 30 days in a row but I gotta tell ya, I hate me some snow!

Back