Just another TC refinish.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhinoDave

Reaction score
This rifle has been on the shelf for two years now so it's time to get it done. Replaced the roached barrel with a much better .50 cal. one. The rifle is a kit gun and I don't like the way the lock plates, raised cheek, and the nose of the comb are shaped. First pic is the way I got it. So far I've got the basic reshapng done. Just need to do a few more tweeks before finish sanding. More pictures to follow. Like most of my refinish jobs, the triggerguard will be replaced with one minus the extra finger hook.

P2200016.JPGP2200020 (2).JPG

Well, I decided to just use the original trigger guard and save the newer TG for another project. This one is finished and is going up for sale locally.

20201125-112155.jpg20201125-112301.jpg

In the first photo, what is the trigger guard on the bottom rifle, & where did you get it?

In the first photo, what is the trigger guard on the bottom rifle, & where did you get it?
Sorry for the late response. The bottom rifle is an Investarms ( Italian) Hawken and the guard is stock to the rifle. DSCF3147.JPG

New triggerguard compared to the orginal
View attachment 1109
Dave I have always had issues with the bottom style trigger guard. If you hunt in brushy country (buck brush) that hook will grab the brush or catch on long grass we have found. Those of us that kept a TC for a backup (behind the seat truck gun) cut that hook off or changed guards.

buffani.gif

in-ge-nu-i-ty.jpg

I agree with you Buck. If I was keeping the TC I just refinished, I would have replaced the trigger guard.

Back