Trophy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
Just bought a pump slug gun w/an illuminated Bushnell 1x28 Trophy scope on the cantilever. Anyone have any input or experience w/ these types of set ups? Thanks in advance. My hunting style is brush out to 150 yards i imagine that to be max. I tend to roam and jump hunt, but post up of course morn and afternoon. Will this type of scope work for me? I feel embarassed asking this about a slugger on my beloved ML site :oops:

what type of gun and with smoothbore or rifled barrel? and what type of slugs do you want to shoot? the scope might not be the best for longer ranges. have a 2-7x32 nikon on my slug gun.

rifled and I will be shooting the Hornady SST's. A friend shoots those out of his and they are wild accurate. He is popping deer at150 no problem w/ those.

I shoot a pump and scoped it with a Leupold VX-II 1-4x scope for its wide FOV (74') @ 1x. A 2-7x will also suffice pretty well.

I shoot an 11-87 cantelever topped with a Luepold 2-7x33 and I shot 2 deer on the move with it this year at less than 25 yards. I think you will be fine.

Take a look at Lightfield slugs. 1 1/4 ounce slugs that are highly accurate and they hit deer like a sledge hammer. great for jump shooting where you may have a less than perfect shot.

i don't have a slugger but my 50cal, 243 adn 30-06 all carry the bushnell trophy is a 3x9-40 and they work just great. They are as accurate is the shooter can be.

Same here,I got a Bushnell 3x9x40 on my ML and its stood up to the recoil and is as good as I can shoot it.

Steve

shooter44n45 said:
I shoot an 11-87 cantelever topped with a Luepold 2-7x33 and I shot 2 deer on the move with it this year at less than 25 yards. I think you will be fine.

Take a look at Lightfield slugs. 1 1/4 ounce slugs that are highly accurate and they hit deer like a sledge hammer. great for jump shooting where you may have a less than perfect shot.

If you like the Lightfields then you should really checkout the Hastings. They are IDENTICAL to the Lightfields, but cost only 9 bucks a box. I've been shooting them for 4 yrs now. I've dropped many deer with them. Most in their tracks and a couple that have ran no further than 30yds. My furthest was a 110yd neck shot and my uncle dropped one at 120yds this year with them, both were DRT.

BTW, I am using a 1.75x4.5x32 Bushnell Banner on my slug gun with a rifled barrel and a 3x9x40 Bushnell Trophy on my ML. Love both of them and have killed many deer with them.

Back