Decoy stealer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz

Reaction score
Got my bird yesterday (a 15lb jake) so this moring I set out with my dad
to do a little calling for him.

We were set up on a fence row with the decoys in a corn field, just starting to come day light I hear the corn stalks popping to my right look over and here comes a coyote running right at the decoys.

He gets to them reaches down grabs a hen and procedes to run off with her for about 20 ft then drops it.

Pops didn't think it was to good of an idea to shoot it because we could see roosted birds on the other side of the field oh well now thats some entertainment.

On another note the birds sure are quite this year they don't even gobble on the roost watched these fly down never saw them again.

Yesterdays jakes never said a word snuck right up on me didn't even know they were in the woods.

Sorry, but that is sorta funny!

I've heard others comment that the turkeys have been quiet when coyotes are in the area.

Shot a coyote in the neck at about 5 yards stalking my decoy about 8 years ago. I was on crutches at the time, and couldn't chase it, so I did the next best thing!

I've had hunters stalk my decoy but never a coyote.

I had a red fox bust a flock once. Entertaining but ended my hunt that day.

I would shoot every yote if I had the chance. I did have one rush up to my decoys a couple of years ago but it must have seen womething was wrong cause it stopped. Too bad there was a bush infront of me where he stopped. I rocked up on one knee but he skedaddled too fast to get a shot. Yote are turkey killing and nest raiding machines.

Latest posts

Back