Just a "Thank You"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
I feel very fortunate to be a part of the group here at Frontier Muzzleloading.

The directors and organizers of this site have my respect and thanks for a difficult job. And a difficult job it is, keeping an independent group of many old codgers like me, often rooted in our own way of thinking and sometimes cantankerous and stubborn, yet interacting civilly with each other and with the younger members of the group.

We have different backgrounds, live in a variety of locations with a variety of lifestyles, and yet we communicate and this site rolls on.

Another benefit I get is that I learn almost every time I access the site and read the comments. I started this muzzle loading activity in my mid-60s and I was completely ignorant of the most basic information that is required to be part of this community. I had to learn, and learn quickly.

This is not the only site that helped me become educated, but it is the one I have returned to the most.

So, thank you all.
RonMineRon3avatarfur tradersm.jpg

And it is very comforting that all of us from different situations can bond so well due to one interest; BP & the guns.

I feel very fortunate to be a part of the group here at Frontier Muzzleloading.

The directors and organizers of this site have my respect and thanks for a difficult job. And a difficult job it is, keeping an independent group of many old codgers like me, often rooted in our own way of thinking and sometimes cantankerous and stubborn, yet interacting civilly with each other and with the younger members of the group.

We have different backgrounds, live in a variety of locations with a variety of lifestyles, and yet we communicate and this site rolls on.

Another benefit I get is that I learn almost every time I access the site and read the comments. I started this muzzle loading activity in my mid-60s and I was completely ignorant of the most basic information that is required to be part of this community. I had to learn, and learn quickly.

This is not the only site that helped me become educated, but it is the one I have returned to the most.

So, thank you all.
RonView attachment 2295
Since 2009 I've always considered this website a muzzleloading forum. The vast majority of muzzleloader shooters are not 24/7. The forum continues to provides members with an opportunity to talk about other, often related, interests ... and therein lies the foundation upon which its members have built. I'm always learning from the members as well and will also send my gratitude.

when I got my first muzzleloader, 1962 (so called Brazilian Trade gun) I had absolutely no one to show me anything, don't know how I managed to keep all my fingers, both eye, etc... But never had a serious accident. I learned a little more just from the Dixie Gun Works catalogue. Locally in 1974, a gentleman by name of Tom Stout joined/ helped start a local club. He made custom muzzleloading target rifles and most of us ended up with one, or more, and he helped a number of us build our own, to include powder horns, patch knives, loading blocks, etc... Road kill coons could be taken to him and he'd tan and make coon-skin hats for those interested. The more traditional and buckskinning we picked up along the way. Made my first "out of town shoot" in 1975, Camp Hale. New folks coming into the muzzleloading fray have got a lot going for them now due to web sites like this one. A lot of talent here (and a lot of bull). So do good works and keep the faith all...... Sgt. Pop

Back