T/C greyhawk+.50buffalo ball-ets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
took the new to me greyhawk out for the first time to see how she shoots.all i can say is WOW :D loaded 80g vol.777fff 245g ball-et with REM.#11 caps. only put about 15rnds.out.after 6rnds.for sighting a friend and i were getting 1 1/2 to 2" groups with the factory sights at 55yds.thats about as good as it gets for me and open sights.bad news is i can'nt find any more ball-ets for sale.ideas?....karl

That sounds like you found your load. Those kind of groups are deer in the freezer. Ball-ets work real well on deer. I shoot them out of my Knight Wolverine once in a while.

As for more buffalo ball-et in 245 grain. I might be able to help you out. I once bought out a store off all they had on the shelf. I just checked my bullet closet, and I still have three boxes. One is opened the other two as new as the day they were bought. If you could use them, I might be able to part with a couple boxes, as I have other conicals I cast and use. So send me a PM if your interested. I might be able to help you out.

Hornady makes a Pa conical in 240gr almost the same bullet and they still make them.I shot the buffalo ballet and gave it up after gettin frustrated cause I couldn't find them.For me the ballets shot better out of a 1-66 twist because its a short bullet.If you go onto hornady.com you can find them.

Back