Jukar .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusticbob

Reaction score
I just picked up one of these in .45 percussion. Any feedback, loads would be appreciated.
C07E5006-875E-41FF-8694-786CABA31492.jpeg

Love the flag but the gun did not show up for me? What style is she. Juker built the kits for CVA. Part to part the same gun. This is the data from the book that came with the kits. Both Kentucky and Colonial. .45 pistol-- .440 round ball. Patch .012-.015. Charge- starting 20gr 3F to Max 40gr 3F. 2F will work fine just more dirt. I have used Pyrodex and 777 . Both good. Black is best. I have 30gr Pyrodex pellets for revolvers. With good caps and clean bolster they fire. Most of the time. Put a few grs of loose in first then the pellet. Go with the thin patch to start. Knowing what the bores look like you might want to spend some time polishing it. JB bore paste works well. Then cure it.

Here it is Toot, no beef, I was just looking for starting loads. It is unfired, the reason being the hammer would not stay in full cock position. At full cock if you shook the gun at all ,it would fall into 1/2 cock?
I found out why that was happening when I pulled the lock. Someone had turned the fine tune adjustment screw all the way in on the sear, as soon as I backed it off a couple of turns it works just fine, a little stiff trigger pull, but not bad.
I did find my old T/C muzzleloader manual that they used to ship with all new guns. It gives a starting load of 25gr FFFG and a patched round ball. Pretty close to what Old and Grumpy suggested.image.jpg

That's her. CVA/Juker/Traditions. All the same. Made by Juker. The data came from that kit. She was my first build. That target was at 30'. The tigers are all heavy. Loaded with fiber wads instead of patch she is a mean Buck and Ball gun. .440 ball under or over 3 #4 buck. Or 1/2oz shot of your choice. All fun. Think a 410ga pistol. Another 1/2 done kit.Kentuvky target 003.JPGColonial 2 058.JPG

Good shooting, but I am a little confused. My barrel is rifled, I thought to use buck n ball you needed a smoothbore? Also how is she to clean, do you pull the barrel every time ?
thanks

Attachments

• E78C0E35-4164-431E-A8E2-2C43BDEFB7BF.jpeg
    E78C0E35-4164-431E-A8E2-2C43BDEFB7BF.jpeg
    853.3 KB · Views: 1
Here it is Toot, no beef, I was just looking for starting loads. It is unfired, the reason being the hammer would not stay in full cock position. At full cock if you shook the gun at all ,it would fall into 1/2 cock?
I found out why that was happening when I pulled the lock. Someone had turned the fine tune adjustment screw all the way in on the sear, as soon as I backed it off a couple of turns it works just fine, a little stiff trigger pull, but not bad.
I did find my old T/C muzzleloader manual that they used to ship with all new guns. It gives a starting load of 25gr FFFG and a patched round ball. Pretty close to what Old and Grumpy suggested.View attachment 3737
it is a beauty. for a load in mine I use 30 grs of T-7, TRIPPLE - 7. and a PUSSING UP DAYSIES PATCH, with a round ball. and it is a pleasure to shoot. you did good!

The rifling does open up the pattern sooner. But it works. This is just for fun. Would make a good snake gun with #9 shot :).Most Civil War guns were riffled. If I remember right it was at Gettysburg that the Irish Brigade (Union) loaded .58 B&B to clear the sunken road. Short range wide pattern. Irish had big stones.------ I don't pull the barrel each time. They clean faster if you dry brush the bore very well before using a wet patch/mop. Gets most of the crud out before the wet turns it into paste. --- These were low price to start. I would take the time to polish the bore first. Also clean up the crown. Little things like this will pay off at the range. One thing I add to mine is a flash cup. CVA Kentucky Pistol Parts Protects the finish. Yours looks like one that was factory built by Juker. Not a kit? Thats good. Crown lapping tool-- I use this on all new/old guns. Worth the money. Muzzle Lapping Kit - Silicone Carbide Lapping Compound ---- This forum used to have a product page? Can't find it?Kentucky rear sitght 008.JPG

Great ideas all, the little brass nipple cup looks really nice, might just get one.

I have the same pistol. what I need for it is a sear spring for it mine is broken. I have tried all of the venders that I could think of. any body out there got a spare in a box that they don't need and would part with? if so please let me know? thanks, toot.

Look up and Email Juker in Spain. (send pics) I did that with Pietta in Italy. 6 weeks later the part showed up no charge! Also look for Traditions parts. Most are the same. Or Email them too. CVA/Juker/Traditions same thing.

I d
I have the same pistol. what I need for it is a sear spring for it mine is broken. I have tried all of the venders that I could think of. any body out there got a spare in a box that they don't need and would part with? if so please let me know? thanks, toot.
I don't know if this will be of any use but I made one once for a shotgun out of one of those clamps you use to hold a sheaf of papers together. I just took a couple of slices out of one with a Dremel tool and squeezed them together to make it about as strong as a real spring.

the one I need is sold out. they must be the ones that break the most. they only have the new style & I need the old style. thank's again for the help.

The rifling does open up the pattern sooner. But it works. This is just for fun. Would make a good snake gun with #9 shot :).Most Civil War guns were riffled. If I remember right it was at Gettysburg that the Irish Brigade (Union) loaded .58 B&B to clear the sunken road. Short range wide pattern. Irish had big stones.------ I don't pull the barrel each time. They clean faster if you dry brush the bore very well before using a wet patch/mop. Gets most of the crud out before the wet turns it into paste. --- These were low price to start. I would take the time to polish the bore first. Also clean up the crown. Little things like this will pay off at the range. One thing I add to mine is a flash cup. CVA Kentucky Pistol Parts Protects the finish. Yours looks like one that was factory built by Juker. Not a kit? Thats good. Crown lapping tool-- I use this on all new/old guns. Worth the money. Muzzle Lapping Kit - Silicone Carbide Lapping Compound ---- This forum used to have a product page? Can't find it?View attachment 3744
Where can i get a nipple cup like that,i have the Jukar CVA 45 rifle.Not really needed just thought it might look nice.

Deer Creek--- Follow the link--https://www.deercreekproducts.net/store/c22/CVA_Kentucky_Pistol_Parts.html

Back