200 grain SST BC ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlp10ml

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know what the B.C. of the Hornady 200 SST for the 50 cal. is? I looked on the Hornady website but it says to call them.No one is there on Saturdays.THANKS for the help.

According to the Hornady Catalog the BC=.265. Big 6X6 stated in a post it is around .220 from some testing he did. I feel it is close to Chuck's number. How is this bullet shooting for you?

Thanks for the reply.
I have not actually shot this combo as of yet.I plan on trying it in my Knight LRH with BH209.I was getting great results with the Barnes 250 TMZ EZ Flat-Based bullets and 120gr BH209,but I just fractured my wrist a few days ago and was hoping to be able to shoot a little less of a recoiling load.Just trying to do a little homework on the 200 SST in my "spare time".Thanks ----------------- Rich

I have a document that Bob Palmer from Hornady sent to me in 2004 when I was wanting the trajectories of their 200, 250 and 300 grain SST's. At time he listed the 200 grains as having a BC of .269000.

Curtis

IMHO it is .21 or .22 when plugged into a ballistic calculator I get the correct drop..

Back