Finished My Range Today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildhobbybobby

Reaction score
I finally finished my shooting range today by installing some steel targets, so the Wildhobbybobby El Extremo Shooting Sports Facility is now a reality. First, there is a heated (although heat is totally unnecessary here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula during the months of July and August...usually) shooting shack that overlooks the rifle range, with berms and target holders at 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 and 350 yards:

bench.jpg

The 150 yard position also has a steel plate that is rated for centerfire rifles...come over and ring my gong some day:

[/img]
150yd.jpg

The small steel popper target is portable and may be set up at any range. The 300 yard position has a small steel target that is exactly the size of a deer's vital area, so if you can hit it, the deer would be a goner:

300yd.jpg

There is a 25 yard handgun range:

[/img]
100_0537.jpg

And a 15 yard falling plate handgun range:

prack.jpg

And a shotgun clay target range:

[/img]
pigeon.jpg

If you are ever in this neck of the woods, bring some ammo and give me a shout!

That is an awesome set-up that you've got there! And the scenery is awesome as well!! Are those spruce trees? Fir? Anyway, nice looking country!

Beautiful set up there. I've been to public and private ranges that were not as nice as that. Congratulations on a great place to shoot.

Thanks for the nice comments. You have a sharp eye for silvaculture, KevinBrian. The range is set up in an overgrown Christmas tree plantation of mainly white spruce and balsam fir trees, with a few Scotch pine and blue spruce trees as well.

Awesome looking range you have there Bob. What county you from, hard for me to guess when all I can see is Christmas trees? :lol: I lived in Marquette County for almost 10 years while assigned at Sawyer. I sure do miss the Yoop. I have an old A.F. Buddy that lives near Bark River. I am back in the Central Lower near where I grew up.

Congratulations on your beautiful range, you just might get some takers on that invitation.

I'm in northern Menominee County, actually quite close to Bark River. Let me know if you are ever in the area!

Holy Toledo!! Wildman!!
That really does look like an idyllic setting.

You could stay there a long time with just some food, and a sleeping bag. Beautiful range!

I would guess the trees hold down the wind so you can even shoot on somewhat windy days.

Please add a couple bowling pins.....Spit like to kill bowling pins... :wink: 8)

Wow, thats awesome! Do you want to adopt a 37 year old troll? :lol:

target range

man, that get's the creative juices running. you hunting out of that as well? I have the capability to range that far, I wonder if it would affect the deer in the feeding fields if I'm shooting out of it? I have a high tower stand , they look to see if someone is in it, when they enter the fields. That is a fun looking course.

man, that get's the creative juices running. you hunting out of that as well? I have the capability to range that far, I wonder if it would affect the deer in the feeding fields if I'm shooting out of it? I have a high tower stand , they look to see if someone is in it, when they enter the fields. That is a fun looking course.

I own 80 acres that is surrounded on 3 sides by Plum Creek (paper company) land. My daughter does hunt near the range. The shooting does not bother the deer at all. I often have to cease fire to let them cross in front of the targets.

What you have done sure makes my tin can and a stump look inadequate! Congratulations on a super nice range. :wink:

That is one of the nicest ranges that I've seen pictures of. You obviously put some time into it's creation. The best part is you have it all to yourself. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.

Spitpatch said:
Holy Toledo!! Wildman!!
That really does look like an idyllic setting.

You could stay there a long time with just some food, and a sleeping bag. Beautiful range!

I would guess the trees hold down the wind so you can even shoot on somewhat windy days.

Please add a couple bowling pins.....Spit like to kill bowling pins... :wink: 8)

Ever pick up the 7 / 10 split with a ML? Now THAT would be impressive. :D :D

Latest posts

Back