Not Good

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a bunch of BS; GM makes more models than any other carmaker that get over 30 mpg. Step up to the plate and buy American!

Ya know Swampman, over the months that I've read your input, the more I realize how little that you actually know!!!!!

I worked for GM for 30 years & drove theie products for almost 50 yaers now and most, I SAY MOST of them were good decent products. I only drove one S-10 (4WD) that gave I consider crummy milage. The last 2 cars were Chevys, an Impala(current08) and a Malibu Maxx and BOTH averaged over 26 MPG, City/& Highway.
MPG depends a LOT on the individual driver ability.

Art Sehnke

Built Ford Tough! And im not even a ford guy! Classic Buicks for me.

5.4 gas v8 with 273,000 on the ol ticker and doesnt leak or use a drop of oil! You can still see the chalk marks on the engine block if you go under there!
Picture497.jpg

Swampman said:
I won't buy a junk car. I have 2 Toyotas and I love them.
Build a good car that gets good mileage for a reasonable price, and I'll buy one.

That's exactly why the economy and jobs are lost. Toyota builds them here and sends the profits over the border. The american companies then need to buy cheap parts from over sea's to compete. The American people are the problem almost 100% in my opinion. A Toyota has a long way to go to be as good as a Chevy. :)

Swampman said:
I won't buy a junk car. I have 2 Toyotas and I love them. I can't afford to have a car that's broke all the time. I also need one that gets good mileage. There are no American made cars that get good mileage.

Build a good car that gets good mileage for a reasonable price, and I'll buy one.

The head of GM admitted when he was begging for money, that GM made poor quality products and had let the American public down.

The above post by swampman is the most ignorant and ridiculous statement I've ever heard on this forum. Maybe he should move to Japan.
Zen

I want a car that get at least 40 mpg and that actually runs when I turn the key. I drove Fords for about 25 years. I'll never go back!

By their own admission they sold poor quality products and let the American public down.

i worked 30 years for GENERAL MOTORS i retired in 2002 ...6 months later they TORE down the assembly plant and built a shopping center on the land ...we lost a lot of good jobs for the futur generation ..up here in canada most people drive cheap HUNDAI or KIA cars ..one day they will see the light when they're children will not get any good jobs ...i drive a GM truck and GM was good to me [i will not bite the hand that feeds me]

If the imported parts being used by American companies are so bad, why are vehicles a lot better quality than when they were all made here? I personally don't give a rats patute about where its made, the company that provides a better product for the best price, gets my money.

Heritage jobs for future generations? Please. Everyone has the option to better themselves and look for employment. There is a whole world full of opportunities out there. The days of working at the mill in the town you grew up in for the next 30 years then retiring, is going the way of the dodo bird.

It seems its different with a car vs a ML. A lot of the same people that talk against buying a spain gun (good quality cheap). What to buy from Japan. I believe there quality is good, but they charge less here and are making money else where on other products.

Wait tell our companies go out, not just cars, than the price will go up. They want to take over the US and the way to do it is to bankrupt us. Just like these simulus checks. China and Japan are backing them. Our Grandchildren and their Grandchildren will be paying the $600 back.

Dave

Another stupid comment Swampman, just like your claim of buying a brand new Marlin 338 with ammo and a scope for $100.

i will not add more fuel to this no win discussion ..so this is my last entery on this subject ..i want to get back to MUZZLELOADERS ...we all have our favorite toy's ,and as long as we enjoy them that is what counts ..so let,s get back on track ... :idea:

A good example why I pray I never have to work for a publicly owned company again. It's all about the numbers and you are treated as a number. If the stock holders aren't happy, nobody is happy. I know that todays situtation is not just affecting stock owned companies but I feel better not work for one and I'm very thankful and blessed I still have a job.

SteveB said:
John - you may want to read this link as well.
Seems like the local authorities, friends and family wanted in - trouble started after thet where denied.

http://skinnymoose.com/moosedroppings/2 ... ourt-case/

Interesting... It sounds like it was all just a big misunderstanding. But then again, this could all just be spun in an attempt for Greg Ritz and Game Trails LLC to save some face. We will probably never now the whole story.

Most stories have at least 3 sides.
Truth is usually parts of all 3.

Profound, ain't I :lol:

I know this makes me sound like a smart ass...but....

Loosing Knight was bad enough, I hope Thompson stays in business...The thread was about Thompson, right?

We don't eat each other on this site. Other sites do that...That's why this site is my home.
Everyone please take a breath...

Does everyone have their trail cams out yet? :wink:

Back