Investarm Gemmer Hawken - Range Review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzle-loader

Reaction score
We took a trip out with the .50 Caliber Investarm Gemmer Hawken Flintlock and were impressed with the results. We used GOEX FFFFG for the pan and 60 grains of 777 FFG for propellant with .490 round balls and .015" Traditions Patches. We may play around with the charges to see if we can improve the group but we are pretty happy with this start!

In addition to shooting well, the Gemmer Hawken looked and felt good. The component quality was not quite on the same level as the Bridger Hawken, however, it is still excellent for the price. The fit and finish is also quite good and though there are a few small areas where it is not perfect, it is still very well done.

1653664098461.JPEG

Last edited:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but the Gemmer is basically the pure Investarms new version of the previously-Investarms-made Lyman GPR, correct? And, the Bridger Hawken looks somewhat like the old T/C Hawken, correct?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the Gemmer is basically the pure Investarms new version of the previously-Investarms-made Lyman GPR, correct? And, the Bridger Hawken looks somewhat like the old T/C Hawken, correct?

From what I can tell, it's the same as the former Lyman GPR. My guess is that when Lyman bailed on them, Investarm decided to sell it on their own as the Gemmer.

The Bridger would be closer to the Cabela's Hawken as this was the company that produced them.

Walt

Latest posts

Back