Anyone try the Sims LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpcollins

Reaction score
I poured over about 90 reviews on this items and they seem to get favorable responses on usage with rifles. They do make one for a Bull Barrel which might slip over a ml barrel but without the ramrod. Just wondering if anyone had every tried them?

The thing about muzzleloaders and loose powder TP, is that you can adjust your powder charge and achieve the same thing the Sims is designed to achieve. I think it would be a nuisance.

at the range last summer we were 12 shooters and not one with the same rifle ..the SIMS did absolutely nothing [save your money] as for installing it on a ML it is next to impossible because of the ram rod ...and the ram rod holders are welded to the barrel ..

black powder

...and the ram rod holders are welded to the barrel ..

None of Ram Rod guides are welded on my inlines or sidelocks - they are all screwed, TC, White, Knight and Remington.

I think most companies do not weld them to the barrel as the heat needed to make the weld can create a problem in the bore.

tpcollins

The De-Resonator was designed to change the harmonics (vibrations) of the barrel as the projectile as the projectile is fired. Using the De-Resonator by sliding it up and down the barrel until the best spot is found is a sound theory. The De-Resonator absorbs vibration - kinda acting like a shock absorber. If you get it in the right spot for the load you are shooting it could reduce the harmonics to provide a bit better accuracy for that load. I do not think it has the ability to make a major change in accuracy.

Personally I have read and thought about it but I have made the decison that i am still shooting a hunting rifle - not a target rifle... So I pass...

I thought it was to make the barrel harmonics consistant so that the bullet encounter the exact same harmonics in precisely the same spot through it's entire travel through the barrel.

The De-Resonator absorbs vibration and first came out for ARCHERY ..

later on somebody thought it might be good for rifle barrels ..if you realy want to get serious with vibrations buy the browning a-bolt with BOSS .

Back