45 Disc elite twist rates?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
Did they make a 1/28 45 disc elite or were they all 1/20 or 1/30? I checked by doing the mark your rod and pull it put test, and I came up with 1/28. All the posts I've read here they are either 1/20 or 1/30. I guess I/m more curious than anything. Also is there a place to check serial numbers for Knight or do you just have to call them?
Doug

Thanks Lane, I think that's a good thing! Any body ever try 180 grain XTP in there 45's. I bought a box to play around.
Doug

Yup they work well, but I like the 200g 10mm/40cal XTP's the best. You'll find just about all 175-200g 40cal pistol bullets work well. To include:

Berry's Bullets, Magtech, Speer-180 GoldDot/DeepCurl. :wink:

lane said:
Yup they work well, but I like the 200g 10mm/40cal XTP's the best. You'll find just about all 175-200g 40cal pistol bullets work well. To include:

Berry's Bullets, Magtech, Speer-180 GoldDot/DeepCurl. :wink:

I like shooting most of those too in my 1-28 but the 1-30 might have an edge sometimes. My local stores dont carry any 200gr though except SSTs. Lots of 180s though.

I got some of the Barnes 40 155gr TAC-XPs, probably not good for much but it will be fun finding out :D

BTW i found a place that has 180-220gr hardcast plated too just for range fun. They are all flat points or round nose flat points. Most only offer swaged but i still like them for plinking fun.

Any body ever try 180 grain XTP in there 45's.

Here you go dalberg. This was with a 1:30 twist Green Mountain barrel on my renegade.

R45-024.jpg

Latest posts

Back