New Remington Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been a loyal Remington man for a long long time, but that rifle sure does not look like a Remington to me. I agree, it has Traditions written all over it. But regardless of what name is stamped on the barrel, I think it is safe to say the name that should be stamped on the barrel is.............................

th_pooh1.jpg

Well, I have not followed the Randy guidelines, I really like my Remington ML's, they have performed great and shoot extremly well - I for one have been looking forward to this gun. I resisted the urge to buy a Omega waiting for this and as soon as I an find at one of the high volume distributors, Bass Pro - Cablels, etc - I will buy the black synthetic - SS model - I am looking forward to it.

For the life of me I can not figure out why I am going to buy one, The bolts that I have now work great and I am to old to wear any of them out. You can not use this gun during ML season here in Idaho or the neighboring states of Oregon and Washington but I am still going to get one.

From what I have been able to to tell they are different than the Traditions, most of the points that UC already pointed out and contrary to most peoples belief not all Spanish barrels are junk - even Randy uses one.

They may be made by the same company as a tradition and there may be to different specs - we will never know until someone gets one and trys it.

It may be foreign also but I think you can blame that one on capitolism working overtime - I don't like it - I don't like it at all but companies in this capitolistic world do have to survive and the American middle class consumer is most often and more likely looking for the bargain than the spendy item - therefore companies like wal-mart. But not to worry according to statistics the American middle class is disappearing.

sorry for the soap box... I do drive a Ford truck

sabotloader said:
From what I have been able to to tell they are different than the Traditions, most of the points that UC already pointed out and contrary to most peoples belief not all Spanish barrels are junk - even Randy uses one.

They are Traditions guns.

The big problem comes in not with country of origin, but when arms are made to a price rather than to a proper design specification and further augmented by proper testing.

Randy

Do we know they haven't been tested? Are they made by Traditions or the company that makes Traditions? Or does that even really matter?

You and I both use A&H's, I think you still do, they are made to be competitive they have to be to survive - survval of the fitess concept. You have assured me they are and have been tested even when they had the original export stame on them as the CVA. And we have been around and around the stamp... Spain, House of Elbar, will stamp anything you want to pay for. If you wanted it stamped to a higher test it will cost you more money - less profit and what do American companies look at - bottom line.

Design - this is the design the American public is asking for - so the design is what the American public will buy - I still like the looks of my Remington ML's and the A&H even with the oversized reciever more than these new ones - but I think the maintenance will be easier and quicker and I will be more modern. I am certainly not buying to upgrade accuracy or looks.

PROBLEM Well as much as hate to admit it a problem has shown up in my mind.... This is what one reviewer wrote....

Mounting a scope on a Genesis takes some care. You must allow clearance for the swinging block so that it will clear the rear bell. I chose a Bushnell 3-9X designed for a shotgun, since it afforded a full 6 inches of eye relief.

New remington

When I look at them all I see a DAISY. Kinda resembles a BB gun.

Smurf

sabotloader said:
Randy

Do we know they haven't been tested? Are they made by Traditions or the company that makes Traditions? Or does that even really matter?

I've never shot one, and have no idea what Remington's thinking is-- I can say the same about their "Spartan" shotguns. Traditions makes nothing at all that I am aware of-- they exist as an import company only.

All I know is I don't know. Remington says they are "Optimized for use with Remington Kleenbore 209 Muzzleloading Primers."

That in itself must be a stunning accomplishment.

got this from REMINGTON today

Response (Jule) - 02/13/2006 10:00 AM
Dear Walter,

Welcome to Remington country! Yes, the Genesis muzzle loader is manufactured by
the Ardesa Factory in Spain. They have been in business for over 500 years and
is a family owned business that has been selling in America for longer than
Remington has been in business. They are making a line of muzzle loaders for us
exclusively.

Was just snooping on the Ardesa website and was surprised to learn they use a few US made Wilson barrels in at least one pictured model.

They show nothing in their own line similar to the Genesis though.

All

I have spent quite a bit of time looking around the Ardesa web site and checking Ardesa weapons distributed in Europe. I first learned of the business when CVA anounced that Ardesa was the maker of the barrels in their newer ML's. In Europe, the Adesa name seems respected and is a quality manufacturer of guns and barrels. I believe all of us have documented that they supply Traditions also. The one thing that Ardesa does not supply is a stainless steel barrel to either CVA, Traditions or themselves. I have not been able to find any stainless steel barreled guns on the site.

Again since neither CVA, Traditions, or Adesa offers stainless steel barrels, where are they being supplied from?

Still with the "camming mechanism" opening the way it does eliminates the use of a regular scopes on the gun. I doubt very much that Traditions will allow Ardesa the abilty to change the Remington to the drop block.

I still maintain that just because the gun looks like a Tradition and is built in Europe or even Spain that it can not be be considered a quality gun. Heck thay have been making them longer than we have anyway. Most of the original BP guns in Africa came from Europe. For me the new Remington and its "cam" is just not functional.

[/u]

sabotloader said:
Again since neither CVA, Traditions, or Adesa offers stainless steel barrels, where are they being supplied from?

Certainly Traditions offers stainless steel barrels, made by Ardesa. Ardesa is the mfg. of the Remington Genesis, imported via Traditions.

CVA (BPI) also offers stainless steel barrels. The manufacturer, and owner of BPI is the Spanish company Dikar.

Isn't Dikar a front company for Procter and Gamble? Why does P&G have a moon and stars as their logo? Why did Saddam use so much colgate palmolive products. It could very well be that this is all just an elaborate plan by the Iraqis to kill American youth before they grow up to be USMC and Army snipers. 8)

RandyWakeman said:
All I know is I don't know. Remington says they are "Optimized for use with Remington Kleenbore 209 Muzzleloading Primers."

That in itself must be a stunning accomplishment.

:lol: Don't you just love marketing statements like that. :lol:

Back