I'm recovering finally ...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
I'm recovering finally, (slow process guys). The heart attack, triple by-pass surgery and a drain on my gallbladder was enough. Then a week after this my gallbladder dies and had to be removed (now your back to condition one with pain and recovery). May none of you every experience such conditions in such a short period of time.

To top it off I was given the wrong medication for 8 days which made me have a total break down - didn't know who or where I was, couldn't function or remember anything of the past. Wild ride that the hospital had trouble with, finally my doctor that did the operations came to hospital with my wife and stopped the bad drugs (took 2 days to get that crap out of my system). I couldn't believe for those 8 days I cried like a baby being lost and believing I was left alone - really a bad experience .....

Now the pain has started to go away after 3 months and I'm starting to recover, one hell of a weight loss plan to lose 41 pounds in this amount of time (mostly muscle). Rebuilding now with excerise. .....

Hoowee, you went through hell! The wife had her gall bladder go gunny bag and that was super painful, I can't imagine how it would be on top of the rest of your problems. I wish you well with a speedy recovery!

sounds like there needs to be a "lawyer" involved here...... Glad you're recovering, hang in there and keep on track to getting "back on the range".

Glad your back!
Takes a lot longer to recover as you get older, hope your recovery is quick and complete.

Glad to see you're on the mend... I've was down with Covid-19, and had to be put in the hospital... honestly it was so bad, thought I wasn't getting out. But yet here I am, thank God too.

I went through a tough time 4 years ago. While in the hospital and taking treatments, I was reading about the westward movement. I got re-interested in black powder and Hawken rifles. It got me trough the hardships, planning my rifle builds and buying up my possibles. Glad you are back Buck, you have a great community of men behind you. I sure you will be fine soon.
Mike Thompson

Latest posts

Back