TC Synthetic Stocks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ

Reaction score
Ok, so, just how crappy are the synthetic stocks used on the Omega? I have been thinking about getting one but I hate the recycled plastic tray stocks that usually come on most guns. I would like the laminated wood, but its friggin heavy to use chasing elk for 5 days. Any suggestions?

I have a few Disc Elites, but they are not exactly tack drivers. I am looking for something a tad more accurate (< 6" groups at 250 yards). I have a Savage but it is very heavy and can't use smokeless in ML season. I would like a longer barrel 26 - 28" for max velocity also. I know, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Omega laminated

I just got a laminated stock for my Omega and it's actually lighter than the synthetic I took off. I had put some foam in the synthetic but no added weights. There's one little quirk with my laminated - 209's can fall in and then you have to shake them out. Never had that with the synthetic but it's no big deal to fix with a bit of foam.

frontier gander said:
omega with laminated stock isnt heavy. Thats what i will be using this year.

It's sure not! I had an Omega with a synthetic stock...it was fine and plenty accurate.

AJ said:
Ok, so, just how crappy are the synthetic stocks used on the Omega? I have been thinking about getting one but I hate the recycled plastic tray stocks that usually come on most guns. I would like the laminated wood, but its friggin heavy to use chasing elk for 5 days. Any suggestions?

I have a few Disc Elites, but they are not exactly tack drivers. I am looking for something a tad more accurate (< 6" groups at 250 yards). I have a Savage but it is very heavy and can't use smokeless in ML season. I would like a longer barrel 26 - 28" for max velocity also. I know, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I just repleced my plastic stock on my Encore with a wood stock . My plastic forearm and buttstock just would not stay tight and my groups went south . Plus I love the look of wood !! My tradition Pursuit pro was heavier than my Encore so i didn't mind adding a little more weight .

encore1.jpg

Back