which sabot?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What i use is the smooth harvester sabot in both 44 and 45 caliber. This sabot works for 44 and 45 caliber xtp, gold dot, and nosler bullet.

jatopa

I have kinda hesitated putting anything up here because you asked specifically about a CVA accura, and i do not do the Accura - lots of othere brands but CVA does not do it for me.

In all the the other ML rifles that i have I shoot both Harvesters and MMP's, with a lot more MMP's than Harvester.

I would believe that both the MMP HPH-24 and the Harvester Short Black or long black would work very well in your Accura with a .451/.452 bullet. If you are planning on shooting a 44 cal bullet your 50 cal Accura, sabot choices are a little more limited, limited in the different thicknesses available, and again both of these compainies offer sabots.

I would guess that your barrel is a .501/.502 bore so that might help you decide which size sabot you might be able to use.

sabotloader said:
jatopa

I have kinda hesitated putting anything up here because you asked specifically about a CVA accura, and i do not do the Accura - lots of othere brands but CVA does not do it for me.

In all the the other ML rifles that i have I shoot both Harvesters and MMP's, with a lot more MMP's than Harvester.

I would believe that both the MMP HPH-24 and the Harvester Short Black or long black would work very well in your Accura with a .451/.452 bullet. If you are planning on shooting a 44 cal bullet your 50 cal Accura, sabot choices are a little more limited, limited in the different thicknesses available, and again both of these compainies offer sabots.

I would guess that your barrel is a .501/.502 bore so that might help you decide which size sabot you might be able to use.

I pretty much agree. The Harvester Crushribs in my WinApex (made by CVA) work fine with longer bullets but are kind of long for 250gr HPs. The HPH24 is a near perfect fit and so are the Harvester shot black for sub 300s. Using .429 bullets i do prefer the Harvesters. Green Crushribs for 265gr+ and smooths for the any thing under.

This may vary a bit if you are using T7 or BH209. Blackhorn prefers a tighter fitting sabot.

Scott

Back