Knight Rifles needs your input....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laminate stock thumbhole or regular, solid aluminum ramrod.

and a buy one rifle get one free :p

Times 4 what Wild Turkey said. Growing up in Northwest Missouri, it wasn?t a long trip to the Knight facilities in Centerville Iowa to go visit. Knight always had a good reputation for accuracy but they didn?t really cater to lefties with their bolt guns and they never did away with that concept of the silly disc system until way after Tony left. I think this cost Knight a lot of business that went TC?s way due to the Contender and Encore around that same time period for lefties.

I have my doubts that they would bring the elite back but if they did they could just as well drill and tap it for open sights. I have other barrels that are tapered to .800 at the muzzle (one of them is an early model mk-85)that have the front sight on them so the elite could as well. Then they would be more marketable in states that don't allow scopes.
Art
________
ROOR BONG

Make sure that some kind of deal is made to continue using Green Mountain barrels. It occurred to me that since these two companies are now owned by different parent companies, this might be an issue.

Since GM no longer offers the GMB54-120.

Knight may consider this one as a fast handling close range power house.

My GMB54 with a Knight Extreme thumbhole stock. Very few guns are as light and come upto MY shoulder as fast.

54and50cal.jpg

I would still like them to continue offering a LK93 type plunger gun. Who cares if its a bit dirty. They are superb shooters even at a value price point and a VERY simple design. Add a good peep site and you got an affordable gun you can rely on under almost any conditions.

Out all of mine if im only going out for just fun, the LK is the gun of choice. Within 75yards it will hang with the best of them.

Bring back the Disk Elite....and a Hawkins style ML would be nice... 8)

Swampman said:
I'd like to see a walnut stocked boltgun with a dark metal finish.

BlackIce over stainless would be really really nice instead of blued steel.

I have to agree with Sabotloader too. A high quality break action would be a good seller if it meets the needs of the market. The Vision missed the mark by just a little too much but has good potential as a seller.

As far as a traditional looking gun, how about a modernized Sharps style that looks old but is a modern muzzle loader internally.

Ive always wanted a ML that looks just like a old Sharps rifle but performs like a modern inline including 209 capable.

Scott

suggestions for a new muzzleloading rifle.

How about bringing back the mk-85 light knight in a 54 cal and thombhole stock 20'' barrel blued,and stainless fluted barrels and case hardend reciever.Also needs to have a 209 ignition system.Also drill and tap for scope and also have peep and or open sites option.Twist rate 1 in 26''.chester 35.

BH209 compatible. That's a no-brainer if Knight wants to get back into the inline muzzleloader market.

Each muzzleloader should come with a solid, high quality ramrod. Companies cheapen their product -- and show that they are looking to cut costs -- when they put a flimsy ramrod in the thimbles.

All muzzleloaders are fine, whichever you want to shoot. I think an inline that will print less than two inches consistently. at a 150 yards with a bullet around 200 to 250 gr. And that bullet should be one that does not need a sabot, Thor, Power Belt, or a Conical, or the likes of any that may be forth coming, Thunbhole stock should be available, as well as a.45 cal. Attention should be paid to the ignition system, for both blow back and fast ignition. A vent liner should be part of the breach plug. Bolt should be simple with one safety. The 200 and 250 gr. equate to deer size animals. The ML I have described is best visalized by the Rem 700 ML. Except for its notorious ignition system it is a jewel. It should be carfully scruitenized for all its good fetures. This is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

All the things you guys have put forth as ideas for Knight are great.
I myself would like to see a New Version Elite without the disc. Even though I really came to like the disc.
I would echo everything Chuck said. In addition to that, I would like to see a soft Kick Eze pad on it. A two screw mounting system with a recoil lug that could be bedded or the option of a stock with an aluminum bedding block.
Included would be an optional barrel band with front sight for states that don't allow scopes. This way they could still use the tapered Knight Lite barrel.
We also need a short barreled conical shooter in 24 twist!! Lord knows the cost of bullets is way too high and this could afford many with a lot of fun AND accuracy.

We here on this and many forums while being consumers, represent only a few of the consumer base. Some of the things we like are unique to us and not most of the general public.
Much of what the public wants is a good warranty, accuracy, pride in what they buy knowing they have bought from the best company out there, and not be embarrassed by what they shoot.
Whatever Knight puts out is ok with me, it just needs to work correctly, every time, and with NO issues, and no recalls. They need to steer clear of the engineering firm they used for the Revolution. In other words work all the bugs out.

Knight will, in most locations, get only ONE more chance. They will have to get it right the first time, right out of the chute.
Big step or baby step it has to be right.

I personally think the break open action is going to go away....even the cheapy brands have one. Go with a Varmint Tactical look. The right stock could make the difference.

Knight wish list

I like the extream in the .45. Would probably like the .50 also
Need that second action screw
Larger recoil lug
Improve the trigger. Its adjustable now, but not smooth
Put the gun in a decent stock, I prefer something along the line of HS precision with bedding block as long as we are wishing. No tupperware
A minimum of two pillar posts is required in a stiff stock
Make the twist suitable for sabots and 175 to 200 grain bullets
BH209 specific plug , with minable blowback
Stainless Green mountain barrel or better quality
When putting in a ramrod hole don't let it break out into the barrel channel
Bare 209 ignition preferred, forget the plastic holders
Solid ramrod

Knight Sell no gun before its time, get it right!
Wayles

Spitpatch,
we won't be around long enough to find out but I have the opposite opinion about the break open action, I believe it is here to stay.
Every since it was invented it has been used in most type s of guns and as long as sporting arms are sold it will be around. The thing about it that really surprised me is the long range accuracy, I don't know about some of the other brands but my Triumph or my Endeavor have excellent 250yd accuracy, I use them on the long range steel targets. I love the XL breach plug and believe it is here to stay to. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with any other type action, they are all good if well built.
I do hope they perfect what they decide to build before they try to market it, recalls are a disaster for a new company and they will be starting over. The 1-24 twist would be an excellent selling point to a lot of people believe it is better for conicals.

KP1 series continue and elite/bolt type with no.....disc should cover things. Make those two designs solid and they'll be in business!

Haven't owned one,but have shot several and tend to agree with all the others,on suggestions given.

I would like to request maybe a speacil run every once in awhile of large bore rifles like 58-62 caliber

coop2564 said:
KP1 series continue and elite/bolt type with no.....disc should cover things. Make those two designs solid and they'll be in business!

Hey Coop!
I agree with you. The KP1 should be continued... I have one and it is awesome. Knight had some major problems with the trigger assembly on the KP1. The y have as far as I can tell, worked the bugs out with customers as needed. My KP1 is soooooooooooo accurate and shoots soooooooo clean. The only thing they should change on the KP1 is the grip. It is a bit to thick and fat.

Lee....I sure respect your opinion, man. I guess if I could rephrase.....The break action will always be with us...Though I expect it to loose favor as the public looks for something new.

I would like to see themkeep the plunger style gun like my LK-93. I think it would offer those of us that can not afford an expensive gun an affordable option and they are gret guns just a little dirty. Also a nice wood laminate thumbhole stock and see if they could make in ambidextrious. A good break action gun to compete with the rest of the market.

Knight wish list

One last thing. Offer a tunable plug. One you can file down to tune head space
Wayles

hmmm, KP1, I do believe they are going to drop it like a hot tator. I got one, trigger is as bad as any mauser I've ever pulled, 3/8 creep and once you get that took up, decent probably 3 # or so, it's a shame the original that they copied had a adjustable trigger on it. For the reason I got it, it works, converted a 45-70 to a ML, that's the only barrel the thing goes bang on every time, the 444 and the 223 probably have 20% misfires. The hammer top safety, slams forward everytime I pull the trigger (so I've got it taped back), yes I've been told I should send it back in, but I can't get "Branch" to return my calls. They break down great, have a decent fit/finish to them but the market that it is competing with is already held by TC and CVA is making a run at it, I believe it would not be a money making deal and that's what knight is going to need right now.

Latest posts

Back