CABELAS SAVAGE ML BP SALE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woops...I guess I should have posted that in inline forum. This isnt a "smokeless" savage...never ever, ever, ever use smokeless powder in a ML not designated for its use. The powder gods wont allow it. :lol:

This was a post on the old Savage Board written by by Bill Ball [1shot 1 kill] He and his father invented the Savge ML11. This is interesting insight to what the Savage BP is or isn't.

Alright since the cat is out of the bag, I gues I can shed some light on this subject now. Per Brain Herrick, VP of Savage, in a conversation about 4-6 weeks ago, I was infomred of the Cabela's deal.

Basically, here is what the deal is:

The Savage 10ML-II is still and will continue to be the 10-ML-II.

The model that Cabela's will be selling, the 10ML-BP, will be a special run, strictly for Cabela's and Cabela's only. If Bass Pro, want's to sell it as well, Savage may accomidate them as well, with the same 10ML-BP as well, but only time will tell, if Bass Pro will sell it that model or not.

On the 10ML-BP, the barrel will be 26", the new breech plug will be hex cut to require a 3/8" socket to remove the breech plug. Now other changes to the breech plug. The barrel will be stamped with the standard, use black powder and/or black powder substitues only, bravo sierra on it, for pure liability reasons. Cabela's would not accept the deal without it. I don't recall if he mentioned that it had the new Accu-Stock on it or not, but I don't believe it does. I think it is the new style stock that looks like the Accu-Stock on the outside.

The 10ML-BP is still built off the same action as the 10ML-II, and the barrel is the same grade stainless and chrome-moly as the 10ML-II as well. The Breech Plug is still made of 4140 chrome-moly as well. So to answer all your questions, yes it can still shoot smokeless powder.

Latest posts

Back