I was walking home, minding my own business, when a Vincent-Style Rifle followed me in

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
Turned my back for a moment and in comes this .45 cal half-stock in an Ohio/Vincent style. Fortunately, I had my camera handy to document the invasion.

3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner Lft full(25).JPG

3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner Lft buttstock crp(4).JPG

Continued next post.

Attachments

• 3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner full Rt crp.JPG
    3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner full Rt crp.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 7
3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner full Rt crp.JPG
3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner Lft buttstock crp(3).JPG
3-19-2020 Vincent by Bryner trigger guard crpmd2(1).JPG
It's an Ohio/ Vincent rifle made by Larry Bryner. Vincent is a subset of Ohio rifles.
.45 cal. percussion 13/16" X 35 1/2" barrel by Green Mountain. The stock is curly maple with silver mounts. Butt Plate is a very crescent curve. Trigger guard, butt plate and ram rod thimbles are brass.
The gun sports a double set trigger, and Engraved Patch box and bas relief carving on lock plate.

More about it after I have had a chance to shoot it.
Ron

When I received it, I was thrilled with the substantial wooden box in which it had been shipped. Wood braces held the stock and barrel, wrapped in bubble wrap, firmly. But, we underestimate the capacity of shipper employees to damage the most competently packed items. I opened the box, unwrapped the barrel and the tang was bent about 60 degrees! One of our area's most well respected black powder shooters applied his oxy-acetylene torch to heat the tang and tap it back into shape. I won't mention his name without his permission.
Ron

I had no plans to buy any more rifles until I saw this one. Great rifle, reasonable price. You all know how those sort of plans go. I guess muzzle loader acquisition syndrome is a real disease. Just what I need, another disease to worry about!
Ron

The engraver knew his/her craft and the metal insets were done very nicely. Inletting is very good, as well.
I will know better once I shoot it, but at the moment, the light stock and long barrel make the rifle feel a bit front heavy.
Then, again, I am a little front heavy.:D
Ron

My favorite .45 has a 36" X 13/16" barrel and I love it. It's a full stock with just a touch of "hang" at the muzzle for good balance.

Yesterday I'm sitting at my laptop and wife asks me to check Walmart web site for TP. So I get on the Walmart site, type in "toilet paper" in the search bar. Up comes parchment paper, I look at her an said "none"! Damned parchment could hurt😖😖😖😖😖😖.

I had no plans to buy any more rifles until I saw this one. Great rifle, reasonable price. You all know how those sort of plans go. I guess muzzle loader acquisition syndrome is a real disease. Just what I need, another disease to worry about!
Ron

Yes, it is! And I have 1.5 safes full of guns to prove it. The other half of the second one has a few modern firearms in it. Gorgeous rifle, by the way! Jealous!

Really nice Rifle Ron. Im going to be one of the lucky ones who gets to see that one in person. Just curious did some of those airplanes get put aside in the gun room to make room for that rifle. On a side note I bet I know who fixed that tang for you to. He is a great person and one heck of a BP expert

Latest posts

Back