Newbie just saying HI..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatguy

Reaction score
Hi there. I was looking for an active ML forum and finally stumpled upon here and decided to join.. I got my first ML last year and hunted with it in the fall, but passed on one small doe.

I have some questions that I havent found answers to so far when reading the old posts and my attempts at searching have been fruitless

I will start with a couple here.. and put the rest in new topics..

Searching the forums ? I have tried to use the search function but my results were NOT useful at all. Example I searched for: black mag 3, black and mag and 3, bm3, and ?black mag 3? (with quotes). Each time I got hundreds of pages of results because it found each word. BM3 gave acceptable results though.

I also tried searching for bore butter, ?bore butter?, and bore and butter. Because ?butter? is not a common term it returned acceptable results. But 'bore' gave hundreds of hits.

What is the secret to a successful, useful search??

First off let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the forum.

As for your search questions, unless you can narrow the search down it will give you a lot of options.

Why not ask your questions and we will be more then glad to answer them for you.

Welcome.

On your searches here try "bore and butter" for example without the quotes and "black and mag" without the quotes. Some search engines are setup differently but using the "and" here will return topics with those 2 words in them.

Curtis

Hey another Va dude... 8) Welcome!! Ask away I'm sure somebody will know or has experienced what you are looking for.

How's the hunting in your area?

coh-1 said:
Welcome.

On your searches here try "bore and butter" for example without the quotes and "black and mag" without the quotes. Some search engines are setup differently but using the "and" here will return topics with those 2 words in them.

Curtis

Using 'and' between the word certainly helped... it reduced it from 1500 post to several hundred.. BUT if there was a way to search for the two word together would help alot..

thanks for the tip

Brian

toytruck said:
Hey another Va dude... 8) Welcome!! Ask away I'm sure somebody will know or has experienced what you are looking for.

How's the hunting in your area?

Hey there.. On several other forums ppl are very quick to post 'use the search function' when you ask a question.. I was just trying to not burden ppl with questions that may have been asked previously..

Hunting is OK around here - the National Forest areas are not a productive as they were years ago... And with more subdivisions being built there isnt a lot of private land to hunt, and what is around is usually already spoken for...

Im in bedford co, and IF i could hunt in my backyard I could get a deer or two nightly.. We have a 'no hunting' convenants, BUT i still may slide back there and take one or two when the season runs around ( i have 7 acres, but I have to be careful with my shots)..

thanks

brian

I hear you on the NF not having many deer. Up till last year I usually got one deer at least on NF lands. Last year I didn't even see a hunter much less a deer!!

I saw Bedford on the news last night re: the WWII memorial needing funds.

I'm in Rockingham Co. lots of bear here abouts, but I'm not into hunting them...yet. :lol:

Latest posts

Back