..... I need all the info on..............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D :)
Here's another question that might make a few members ask, " WHAT ON EARTH IS THE HAWG DOING NOW" :?: :scratch:
I need all the info, PRO and CON, on BLACKHORN 209 :!: :!: :!:
Thanks to all................ :drunken:

www.blackhorn209.com

All the info is there Hawg.

Personally I will not shoot anything else in my Accura V1. Best powder on the market.

Rogo

:D

Thanks for the info gents but I was looking for some real first hand knowledge. Likes and dislikes. Performance, loading, cleaning, breech plug cleaning after so many shots, accuracy and consistency. Will remington kleanbore primers hot enough to get every thing going:?:

hawgslayer said:
:D

Thanks for the info gents but I was looking for some real first hand knowledge. Likes and dislikes. Performance, loading, cleaning, breech plug cleaning after so many shots, accuracy and consistency. Will remington kleanbore primers hot enough to get every thing going:?:
Absolutely not. Use CCI 209m primers. You still might have a problem with ignition. Do you have the V2? You might have to drill it out. FG can help.

I've used every powder made. I won't use anything else in an inline. It's the most consistent, accurate, powerful powder you can buy at the present time.
You'll need no swabbing between shots at all. I've taken 30 110 gr shots without swabbing, and it lost no accuracy.

You can't clean with water like all the other subs and real BP. Treat it like it's a smokeless powder. Which it is.

It won't clump, or ever lose power.

You won't know until you try it. So, go buy some. :D

Hawg, so far with BH209 in my .45 knight 100-110 grs. were the most accurate. I have some data in the man cave I'll look at and pass it on to ya later.

There are more pro's than their are cons.

Biggest con - The only store in your area may charge you up the rear end!

Thanks again gents :!: :!: I'm learning more and more from all of you. Thats why this is the best place to hang out and ask questions. I never tried BH209 before because I felt it was to expensive but after reading the replies and posts I now have to try it. Problem being, I just bought 5#'s JSG and have about 500/600 Remington Kleanbore Primers.
If this powder works out, I'll just shoot up everything I have this summer until it's HUNTIN' TIME and then go to the BLACKHORN 209 with CCIM or Federal 209A primers.
So far from reading the replies here and checking the web site I like the idea about not having to swab the barrel or to worry about the breech plug with just a few shots taken. I also like the idea that you don't have to clean the rifle right away. So far the only down fall I have is using solvent to clean it. JSG cleaned up with water. I'll get over it though.

Thanks again for the info and the web site...... That helped with questions also. If I read it correctly, 100 grains by volume is 70 grains weighed. I take it that the powder is uniform. It's not like APP/JSG is it :?: :?:

Once you get the BH209, buy a can on Bore Scrubber. That stuff is simply amazing

:( :evil:

I just got off the phone with cabelas and bass pro and neither one had the primes, CCI 209M or FEDERAL 209A's in stock. I have 100 Remington STS primers. Any thoughts on those :?: Are they hot enough to fire up the charge :?: :?:
The powder runs from 29.99 to 37.99 :affraid:

Hawg,

I've used Remington STS Primers with BH209 and have not had any ignition problems whatsoever. In fact, I plan to do a little more testing this year with the Remington STS's and BH209.

Aa far as Bh209 goes, it's probably all you'll see me shooting this year and for some time to come.

Hawg:
One of our members, Ron Laughlin use Rem STS primers all the time. He has a modified breech plug that fires BH209 100%. PM him and get yourself one of his breechplugs. They work awesome! Drilling out the plug does not always work. I did mine in my Accura V1 and had nothing but hangfires and no-fires after that. I got myself one of Ron's modified plugs and now I am a very happy camper. Also you moght want to try Fiocchi #616 209 primers with BH209. They work great for me. If you cannot find them PM Cvilorio of this forum and he can get them for you. Also ask him about BH209. He works at a gun store, asst manager.

:D :) 8)

Thanks gents :!: :!: :!: You all have been a BIG HELP :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ray....aka, hawgslayer :drunken:

One will never have all the info on-----
We all are on a continuing self learning path.
Old things probably are slow to change BUT our quest should be to learn from others experiences.,.
Things are always in flux and therefore we must keep up to date from continuing education.
Of course there are different levels of satisfaction, such as minute of deer at 100 yds or 1 inch groups.

:alien:

With some old guys it just takes a little longer to see the light. I'm going to shoot this Blachorn the first chance I get and I'll get the same results that all of you have gotten I'm sure. With that I'll come over to the "DARK SIDE."
I like the idea of no swabbing or using tons of patches between shots and cleaning. I may not even have to weigh or measure each one of my loads with this blackhorn.
So far I am 99.8 % pro and only .2 % con. You guessed it, the cost and it doesn't clean up with water but I'll get over it.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GENTS. I felt "THE FORCE OBI-WAN KENOBI" :alien: :alien:

hawgslayer said:
Here's another question that might make a few members ask, " WHAT ON EARTH IS THE HAWG DOING NOW" :?: :scratch:
I need all the info, PRO and CON, on BLACKHORN 209 :!: :!: :!:
Thanks to all................ :drunken:
IMHO, best powder on the market, if your breech plug is designed for it. try it and get hooked.

Back