Boom Flops! Shockwaves still working here in Virginia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iisabigone

Reaction score
The rut is getting cranked up here in Virginia with some cooler weather that came in the end of last week.

Friday morning I saw 4 different bucks trailing does or moving quickly through the area I was hunting. Friday evening at 5 pm a doe stepped out of a thicket with a nice 16" 8 pointer following along behind. The 250 grain shockwave behind 3 pyro pellets from the omega put his lights out with a white patch neck shot at 75 yards.

Saturday morning I watched ring around the rosie for a couple hours as does and young bucks continuously entered and left the area I was watching. Around 9 am a large doe entered the field and was acting kinda antsy, soon a nice buck popped out of the pines and chased her around and around in the field and in and out of the woods. To top this great show off was the fact there was another large doe chasing the buck the whole time. I figured the only true way to remember this unusual show was to put a bullet in this buck. When he stopped broadside at about 145 yards I settled the crosshairs and touched the shot off. The 14 " 8 pointer made it back to the pines with a large gash in his heart from the shockwave.

Im headed out to another good stand in the morning. I will let you guys know how it goes.

I love this stuff! iisabigone

Great report, Isa...keep em' comin'
Sounds like you're having WAY to much fun for your own good! :lol:
Sure would like to see some pics...

Latest posts

Back