Deer Season OVER Here

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Well, the regular deer hunting season officially ended here yesterday. I understand that they will open up a 2 week season around here to dispose of the excess mule deer but don't know the details. The zone that will open is around the city and is shotgun and muzzleloader only because of all the acerages and homes. Don't know anyone out there that would give permission and besides have all the deer in the freezer I can use. There will also be a special season in the south west part of the province just to thin out the deer population there because of Cronic Wasting disease. For me, I'll sit here and read your stories and wait for next year.

Well RAf the firearm season ended here in Illinois. I wound up eating my tag this year as I did not see anything I wanted to tag. Did make a nice shot on a large dirt clod in the corn field 50 yards out from the parking lot. Had to unload the gun the fun and safe way!
I will give deer hunting a rest for a week and then back to bow hunting till mid january.

. Did make a nice shot on a large dirt clod in the corn field 50 yards out from the parking lot

That should make for some interesting jerky! :lol:

Latest posts

Back