I need a new rest, what type of shooting rest do you use?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
I need a new rest, what type of shooting rest do you use?

The Lead Sled® 3 has become the standard in weight reduction shooting rests. It reduces recoil by up to 95% while securely holding your gun on target. The new Skeletonized front rest secures your gun with it’s non-marring surfaces. The Improved rear buttstock cradle uses top of the line Shock Eliminator Technology and has non-marring cradle to keep your gun in place.

0310.jpg

I use a lead sled when I need to strap a gun in for testing that might have an issue. A long string and a tree to get behind might save me from some of the idiots that bring stuff to me to fix.

for bench work I use an adjustable front and v-type bag on back.

I have the same model Led Sled as is in the picture. Only mine is an older edition. I like the looks of this newer one with what looks to be some type of rubbery cradling material. Mine is old and wearing out with all the use I put it thru. I will be looking forward to updating to this newer version.
I know some guys don't like using Led Sleds but I do. They have always worked great for me.
BTW, I have never needed to use any weights or sand bags with mine.

Bullsbag but it's heavy too. Butterfly construction filled with sand, so four chambers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210201-183426.png
    Screenshot_20210201-183426.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Caldwell makes a good adjustable tripod that comes with a front and rear bag. Ordered mine filled. No complaints. I also have their bull bags. None to heavy for me to take to range. Quality seems good.

Back