Nice flordia buck last day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
I spooked this one coming out of my trail last week and thought i would never see him again. Sunday was the last day of muzzle loading season here in flordia, so out i went. At first i was going to just sit in the road where i have been seeing all these hogs come out. I got tired of that and walked to the climber. After about two hours of seeing nothing i heard some scraping behind me but could not see it. My neck was hurting from looking over that way so long. Im sure we have all had that. well he finally came out where i could see him and i gave him one. Thanks for looking.
Knight extreme (thumbhole ofcourse)
110 gr blackhorn, 300gr hornady xtp mag
2x7 burris full field 2

IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0070.jpg

buck

good job o that buck. I took a doe at about 120 yards w/ the 300 grain xtp.mag, 110 grain BH 209 DRT. How did yours perform? It sounds like it was closer and people keep saying the xtp/mag doesn't do well close up? Great looking rack.

Re: buck

Bucker said:
good job o that buck. I took a doe at about 120 yards w/ the 300 grain xtp.mag, 110 grain BH 209 DRT. How did yours perform? It sounds like it was closer and people keep saying the xtp/mag doesn't do well close up? Great looking rack.

This was about 50 yards and he was on a trot so i didnt make the best shot...... i hit him in the front shoulder and it broke his leg. I did not get a pass thru, and it must have been in his heart area. I will say this he did not run ten yards after the shot. I did not find the bullet when cleaning him up and was dissapointed because i wanted to see how it did. We cleaned him in the river so i believe it fell out of the cavity into the river. Do you have a pic of your bullet, how did yours hold up? I did shoot a spike couple days earlier with same charge and bullet and got a pass thru both lungs with an exit hole about the size of a nickle, he was really close probably twenty yards or so.

Is this why they call you Funman???
Very nice buck!!
You went the extra mile by sitting in that stand.....you earned that boy!
Way to be....wish I could have been there. :)

funman

No, mine was a pass threw as well but thre exit hole was impresive. Blood blew out teh exit hole for a good 10 yerds in the snow. Second buck w/a xtp mag. 1st was a 200 grain/10mm 110 grains of bh209. drt.

Funman congrats. What kind of weather conditions did you hunt in? Up here in NJ. we just had :D 2ft. of snow between yesterday and today.

Spitpatch said:
Is this why they call you Funman???
Very nice buck!!
You went the extra mile by sitting in that stand.....you earned that boy!
Way to be....wish I could have been there. :)

Hey i like to have fun so why not call myself funman :!: :p Thanks for your comments

Funman congrats. What kind of weather conditions did you hunt in? Up here in NJ

Hey Joes you know we have mild winters here, but this year its been pretty cold. That sunday i got that buck it was warmer than normal ......dont remember exact tempt but would have to guess low 60s high 50s

Thanks everyone for your kind words

Way to go Dave! Very nice buck! He sure has a high rack.

NEVER GIVE UP !!

Last October i shot a buck just before dark on the last day of the hunt , i almost did not go . I was so sure i was not going to get one , i didn't even bring a knife or flashlight . LOL :oops: :roll: I am glad i was hunting within sight of the road and my truck . I also did not bring a camera ( i always do ) so after i got the buck , i dropped buy a friend house and he took a photo and helped skin and gut my buck , I was nice of him to help but i wish i had taken it home and done it my self , as i never did get the photo from him . He kept say he would e-mail it to me . I think he must have lost it . I should have taken photos of the skin/head less buck when i got home but i didn't . :roll:

Back