I just wanted some boots until.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I went to BrassPro in St Charles Mo just to get some hiking boots i wanted that were on sale.

I decided to take a look at the clearance rack.

You wont believe it so i will post pics in a few minutes. I know i said no more MLS but....

They had a Knight Elite 45 for $149 in black and stainless and a Knight Extreme in camo synth and stainless for $349.

I haggled a bit and got them to throw in 2 trigger locks.

So what started out as just a $25 boot sale ended up at 567.99 TOTAL

BTW they have one more Knight 45 Elite for just $149. Its marked as $199 with the wrong tag. Ask for Amy, she know. I pointed out the wrong ticket. The other one is labeled as a Rolling Block but it IS an Elite 45 in black and stainless

The sights on the 50 Extreme are broke so i got them to give me the trigger locks or another $20 off. I took the free trigger locks since i have an extra set of sights. :D

Phone#

636-688- 2500 if anyone wants a SUPER deal on a 45 Elite. Its the last one and no box but still a killer deal.

Im so happy i about pooped my shorts when i got it an Elite for $150 new but no box.

Pics of guns and receipt to follow. Right now im so excited, i have to wait till my hands quit shaking. :lol:

Ok, i got some pics. Not the best because im so excited

The 3 sisters, top to bottom: GMB54-120, Knight Extreme 50cal and the steal of the day a Knight Elite 45cal.

3Sisters.jpg

The cost if you can read it before the additional discounts

NewToys.jpg

The receipt if you can read it.

Receipt.jpg

Am i addicted? Should i seek professional help or was i just a wise shopper and got lucky. I couldnt pass up a Elite for $149 and since the Extreme was there and they were willing to haggle on the pair.

I almost bought both Elites 45s and sell one here at a profit but since everyone here has been so helpful i decided to give you guys first crack.

if your saying you want to sell one i.ll take it...karl
oops i should have read that better,you got a smokin' deal on that elite.
thats one i'd like to have.i've been having lots of fun shooting the .45's
karl

I tried getting the first crack but I guess I'm too late!!!! PM me
Doug

Sorry guys i just got home from BP again and another member got it. If they get in anymore they will call me but chances are slim.

I did talk to the manager and made sure she has my info. If any more show up i saved the PMs and will let you know in order received.

They couldnt find the bolt and i was up there for an hour getting it all worked out for the lucky new owner. We found the bolt and its on the way to another board member.

Wish you all the best

Scott

GM54-120

Those are great deals you found - I am sure glad you went to buy some boots... then stopped by the clearance rack...

When I called they still had a Vision and a KRB - Scott could tell you more...

Gotta tell you a big thank you... Got that Ellite coming my direction.

Good Deals

There is nothing wrong with you . I got a 50 cal stainless LR Hunter from Cabela`s in the summer . My wife asked how many muzzleloaders I had.......The answer was ...... almost the correct amount. When Knight gets straight I`m afraid we`ll have to add an ultimate slam to my stable. Congrats on your find!!!!!!!!

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

Those are great deals you found - I am sure glad you went to buy some boots... then stopped by the clearance rack...

When I called they still had a Vision and a KRB - Scott could tell you more...

Gotta tell you a big thank you... Got that Ellite coming my direction.

The funny thing is i passed up on the Elites years ago the day i bought my WinAPex. I wanted a 50cal and they only had Knight 45s on clearance for $249-289. My Apex was $200 on sale so i bought the cheaper gun.

Its a good shooter but always kicked myself for passing up a gun that was selling for half price. Plus now im into the 45s, i only bought the Extreme to have a 50 that could handle hotter charges than my WinApex.

Plus its technically a NEW Extreme with warranty and some parts should interchange with my GMB54. :D

They had quite a few KRB/Rolling Blocks, a Shotgun in full camo with thumbhole, a Vision for more than the Elite and a Revolution or two. Most of them were about $349 except the Vision and Shadow.

These were the last 3 Discs that i know about and i did ask but.....

saxman1 said:
So did you get any boots??
Congrats on the rifle's :D :D

Yes and im wearing them now :lol:

The total i posted was for it all including the boots and tax. :D

Soon as i walked back into the store, one of the sales guys knew why i was there and was soon scrambling to find the bolt for the other Elite. I checked it out after they found it and watched them get it ready for shipping.

The dummy that put the Extreme together had the bolt in wrong and being dumb myself i missed it until i sent Sabotloader a pm.

I realized mine and their mistake after the 2nd or 3rd pm from Sabotloader. I was about to send the bolt to Knight but he helped me out in minutes.

I felt pretty stupid to be honest.

Its fine now and seems to work ok with my Lehigh conversion too.

Everything is all cleaned up now with some JB and finished up with the Montana Extreme bore conditioner. The bores really shine now. :D

I got the 2x7x40 scope mounted with Warnes steel medium rings with Z2 bases. A Made in USA gun sock and my new EK Commando.

The pic angle makes the scope look high but it isnt.

Life if good. :yeah:

EliteandCommando.jpg

GM54-120

So when you jump on the stock... is the scope right there? I know you probably have not shot it yet - but how well do you see through that scope? For me I would think the 40mil objective would really light a 2x7 up even in low light....

i like the montana xtreme cleaning products. i used some yesterday on 2 muzzleloaders and a centerfire and i was surprised at how well it cleaned up the accura. what i really like are the drippers that they come with, i felt that it helps keep down on wasting oil/cleaner and that you can use them to get up into tight areas that need lube.

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

So when you jump on the stock... is the scope right there? I know you probably have not shot it yet - but how well do you see through that scope? For me I would think the 40mil objective would really light a 2x7 up even in low light....

I swing it up and the scope is right on the money for me. It is SUPER bright!!

I even simulated quick point and shoot situations and BINGO. Im right on target and i get a full picture. :yeah:

frontier gander said:
i like the montana xtreme cleaning products. i used some yesterday on 2 muzzleloaders and a centerfire and i was surprised at how well it cleaned up the accura. what i really like are the drippers that they come with, i felt that it helps keep down on wasting oil/cleaner and that you can use them to get up into tight areas that need lube.

Ive switched to using the bore conditioner now during storage. My LGS hasnt gotten the cleaners yet. I ran a fairly wet patch through all mine after the last cleaning session.

I was going to go shooting today but rain was very possible so i went to the gun show instead. I FINALLY found some old Buffalo Bullet Company 45cal 325gr conical flat base HPs for only $5 for 20 :D

I almost bought a nice FM scope but it was gone before i got back to it. He only wanted $125 but it was a bit over powered at 8-32X44. :lol:

I did get 2 Simmons Pro Diamond 4x scopes for just $39 each as backups and i did need one for another project. Cant pick them up till later though.

hey gm when you did the bore conditioner did you run a dry patch afterward to mop up excess oil? i just did the conditioner in 2 of my sidelocks and that thought hit me.

frontier gander said:
hey gm when you did the bore conditioner did you run a dry patch afterward to mop up excess oil? i just did the conditioner in 2 of my sidelocks and that thought hit me.

I did run dry patches yesterday because i thought i was going shooting today. I let them set with a good film for a few days. There wasnt really any excess anyway with only about 6 drops per patch.

I popped a few primers in the Elite late last nite too and then swabbed with a dry patch. It was pretty clean within 3 dry patches.

Sofar it appears to work as advertised but i wont know until i burn some powder too.

Latest posts

Back