Knight Vision Breech plug for BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I just got the new plug to test out with BH209. Knight was very kind to send it to me and see what i thought about it. I'm going to try and find time Sunday to shoot it a little bit. I took some pics to show you for now.

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture012-4.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Grouse,

Do you have plug gages to measure the Orifice Diameter and Flame Channel Diameter? I am curious how those two dimensions compare to other Knight Breechplugs. I could measure them for you if you do not have a method to do this after you are done testing it.

jsteurrys said:
Grouse,

Do you have plug gages to measure the Orifice Diameter and Flame Channel Diameter? I am curious how those two dimensions compare to other Knight Breechplugs. I could measure them for you if you do not have a method to do this after you are done testing it.

The flame channel thru the plug is 5/32 The flame comes out a .035 hole to the powder.

It might be the angle of the pic, but it looks like it might be a pain in the ass to de-cap if you get a primer stuck in it.

SWThomas said:
It might be the angle of the pic, but it looks like it might be a pain in the ass to de-cap if you get a primer stuck in it.

You really cant stick one. Half the primer isnt inside. Very easy to use.

Got to shoot the Knight Vision this afternoon. I was getting rid of the cheap bases and cleaning it up some. I fired 15 shots with BH209, Federal 209A Primer, 250SST, harvester short black sabot. The Vision always had a descent amount of blowback until now. This new plug virtually took all the blow back away. The first two pics are before being fired.

vision001.jpg

vision002.jpg

Here's after being shot 15 times.

vision005.jpg

vision003.jpg

I should of wiped all the oil off you see on the sides. Hardly any blow back at all.

Very cool! That pic shows it better and I see what you're saying. Nice!

Tom, could you please post a pic of the breech plug with a primer in it so we can see that? Thanks

Tom, is there any word on a plug for the KRB or is it the same plug that you have?

10-4, I'll do that... I've got a guy who's mom won a KRB7 at a NWTF banquet and he is just about giving the thing away... I really don't need it but maybe I can sneak it in with out my wife noticing... 8)

frontier gander said:
shame on you! Go take that gun apart and clean off all that light rusting on that rifle.

I was waiting for someone to mention that. That Gun was mine and sold it to a friend. My friend bought my Triumph and i bought the Vision back. I actually did try getting the rust off with not much luck. I've been wanting to try out duracoat so now i have a reason. I will take the barrel Tuesday and have it weather proofed. :)

Back