I don't care what they say

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
The mosin nagant is one hell of an accurate rifle! This was 100 yards today with 150gr soft point reloads. I put the Nikon Buckmasters II on around Christmas and put 1 shot through it since then. It was dead in the center at 50 yards so I upped it 8 clicks. At 100 yards today she printed 1 1/2" high which is perfect for a 200 yard zero. Never had to adjust windage.
20190810.jpg

20190812.jpg

High shot was Cold clean bore, next 3 rapid fire.
20190811.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Shootin!! How does that Archangel Stock feel? I like the looks of it :Red tup:

as usual, JON, great shot, remember me and my Accura?

This M700 Rem is in .350 Rem Mag is second only in deer kills and accuracy to my Ruger 1975 M77 in .250/3000. Below is a typical 100 yard target. It will do this over and over, group after group. I handload everything I shoot. Velocity of this load is 2700 fps and a little less than that in cold weather.

PICT0669-1-zps2f753d5f.jpg

PICT0645.jpg

Hanshi........I always like the Rem 700. I had one that Jon refinished for me. It was a .270 and a great shooter. Wish I had kept it now as i've decided to go back to a CF gun for hunting. For lots of reasons that aren't important except to me.

Jon......Crazy looking stock. I bet it's comfortable.

I found a pic of my old Rem 700.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 10
The .350 was the "special edition" caliber put out that year. I also had a .257 Roberts 700 Classic bought on the year it was produced. I had to sell the .257R to help with our last move and it still hurts. I used that fine rifle to take quite a few deer. It wasn't as spectacularly accurate as the .350 mag, but I've never missed a shot on game (large or small) due to the lack of accuracy of any gun I've ever owned or fired. A 1-1/2 moa rifle takes game as efficiently as 1/2 moa one. But that .257 with its 24" barrel, 30/06 length action and super crisp trigger is a jewel.
AIN'T SHE A BEAUT?
PICT0670-1-zps91c909ec.jpg

Nice shooting with the 350,, I had one on a Encore frame it was a sst barrel it shot nice but because it was light it could hurt at the bench. It blewup 4 different scopes.

Nice shooting Mosin.
Here is a 1939 Tula I built a few years ago.
1 MOA all day with hand loads.
Not to worry, the bipod is just propped under for the pic.

Attachments

• 39 Tula Sniper.jpg
    39 Tula Sniper.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 8
Fine looking rifle an great shooting Jon. I have fixed up 2 MN's for fellas with the same stock and welded on new bolt handles, and D&T for scopes. Both of them shot MOA or under using Prvi Partisan amm, the 150gr SP. I have tow MN's myself, one is Sako with a Swedish Barrel., with the crown and S on it, heavy barrel that is turned down the last few inches for a bayonet. The other one has a 26" Heavy barrel, it is a Tikka. Both have pristine bores, and both shoot between a 1-1 1/2 inches at 100yds with open sights. Like you said, these guns will shoot. I also load some cast bullets at 1500fps, 170gr, and they shoot great, no recoil. The other day I shot a 4" square block off a trimmed post, and the cast bullet zipped thru it and blew out a nickel size hole on the outside. Holler if you want the cast bullet load data.

Jonathan what did it cost for this conversion of Mosin Nagant - cool looking rifle. :oops: Reason for asking is just sold all modern rifles this weekend used for hunting, now thinking about something a little different.
Damn, this is the first time this place has been this empty, only a couple of shotguns, rimfire ....... and so on .... :cheers:

buck conner.jpg

Last edited:
Just for the heck of it here's a photo of the .350. I still mourn the .257R.
PICT0669-1-zps2f753d5f.jpg

Back