I am Putting The Center Point 6x20x50mm On My New CVA Optima V2 LR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapperCVA

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading on this scope they are tested on the 416Rugby Magnum Crosman states & the scope has a Lifetime Warranty do any of you fellow hunter have a Center Point on your Muzzleloader

Centerpoint scopes are geared toward air rifles, and seem to hold up well on smokeless guns I have, and UTG is another company who makes scopes that won't break the budget but work well for me. Air rifle scopes have to take a beating so they're generally built strong.

I have been using the magnum 3 pellet load since I got my rifle & my Center Point has held zero not one problem as of yet some of those air rifles can & do destroy a lesser made scope I agree I have been exploding gallon water jugs put to 85 yards so far

Centerpoint scopes are geared toward air rifles, and seem to hold up well on smokeless guns I have, and UTG is another company who makes scopes that won't break the budget but work well for me. Air rifle scopes have to take a beating so they're generally built strong.
When the Remington 700 Muzzleloader [1995] came out we went through several rifle scopes pretty fast at Cabelas, then got wise and went to good air rifles scopes and the problem was corrected.

remington-700-ultimate-muzzleloader-composite-stock.jpg
buck conner.jpg

I have a Gamo Magnum in .22 & I didn't use the scope with it & I bought one of those Tasco scope at Walmart boy that was a mistake the 3rd shot & the crosshairs were gone so I put the scope on the gun that came with it & it hasn't done nothing but hold perfect zero I thought that the scopes that these guns came with were junk I had to eat humble pie on this one I was wrong

I have a Gamo Magnum in .22 & I didn't use the scope with it & I bought one of those Tasco scope at Walmart boy that was a mistake the 3rd shot & the crosshairs were gone so I put the scope on the gun that came with it & it hasn't done nothing but hold perfect zero I thought that the scopes that these guns came with were junk I had to eat humble pie on this one I was wrong

your first problem started when you said Tasco and Walmart in the same sentence.
thats like saying I gotta really good deal on a scope from the Dollar Store.

LOL I will not even buy one of those Wal-Mart TASCO scopes for nothing you will be VERY DISAPPOINTED if you buy thses now the TASCO WORLD_CLASS Brand are good scopes but i haven't owned one since early 2001

Leupold man myself but alot of good scopes out there for sure. Not familiar with the center point.

I've got some Leupold and tactical Nikon's....excellent IMHO. Seem to hold up well under harsh recoil. One of the boys has a Russian military scope...clarity and quality is excellent.

Now you see what you went and did, Just when I thought I was educated enough, I find out there is more, As mine are "Old" almost as old as I 50 or so mine are equipped with black powder scopes, Center Points from my understanding so far are lighter than the "Old School BP Scopes." Would behoove may be slap one on and well SEE if the education is correct....

My CVA V2LR shoots flat with my Center Point 6x24x50 I disagree with any ones who is bashing my scope and Come & shoot my rifle and see for your self you are WELCOME to come try it for yourself

From my OWN READS and research trapperCVA is not wrong, YES the centers are air rifle scopes. From what I have read and discussed with some others, The Center Points do well with black powder, I hold on to my BP scopes as I got them with the rifles, when they go Centers if available will replace. I know all for the purposes it SOUNDS nuts. There is fact and testing that was done. I am still scratching my head but there is sound research behind it.

Different strokes for different folks!
I like to only buy quality , and only buy it once. You do what you need to do. All friendly here, just my 2cents worth.

Eh Well "QUALITY" is a quantitative word thrown about on "BIG NAME BRANDS" But ya see when the same "QUALITY TEST" are used for say a lesser known or beneath the several hundred dollar mark well it CAN`T be worth it...As you said each his own

Tell you what, here is a test if you have the guts and the honesty.
Take your scope off after deer season, take off the turret caps, and place the scope in a bucket of water for 1/2 hour. Then take same scope and dry it off, and put it in the freezer overnight.
Nikon, Burris, and have done this, and there scopes hold up. Your Centerpoint will never be the same again! But, it was cheap, so you won't be out much money!

Ok ok ok I will side with that yes I can freeze a Burris or Nikon and over night even YES, I can even soak in a bucket of water, and then freeze for 24 hours. I have NO CLUE why I would do so, what purpose it serves or why doing so adds $320 to a price. I soaking your scopes in water and freezing them for 24 hours is a MUST for purchase by all means waste the money...I got no desire of freezing my scopes between seasons

Back